Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Problem Installing Kool-Vue Mirrors

5693 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  mjhartz87
So I got a set of 98-02 power adjustable and heated tow mirrors off of eBay. They are exact replicas of the Dodge towing mirrors. In the listing it states that an extra bracket is required when going from regular mirrors to towing mirrors. Ok. So I go to my local dodge dealership and tell him I need the brackets. He tells me there is only one bracket that he can find that has anything to do with towing mirrors. The part numbers he got me is: 55156129-AC and 55156128-AC. After trying to install the mirrors with the brackets he got me they definitely did not seem to work. Either the bolt holes would not line up or the bracket would extend past the mirrors and lean on the paint. So I did some searching on this forum and found the correct part number ends in AB. So I go back to the Dodge dealership and he tells me the AC part number superseded the AB part number and you can no longer get the AB part. He then went and called Dodge and they said they had no idea what bracket was needed. So can somebody confirm AC is the right or wrong part? Does anybody have pictures of the bracket? Thanks for the help!:thumbsup
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
part #s from dodge

RH # 55156128AB
LH # 55156129AB

i havent had much luck at a local dodge dealer lately myself so i found another dealer longer drive for parts but worth it!
i found these on an another forumn some time ago for future reference and kept them. ive been going to get these and put some of these mirrors on my truck just never done it yet. if worse comes to worse i could talk my brother into taking the mirrors of his truck and hopefully dodge engraved the numbers into the bracket.

· Registered
124 Posts
Just put these mirrors on a couple of weeks ago. Part numbers in the reply above are correct. Got them in a day from my dealer. They are triangular and mount on the inside of the door. Mirror studs go through the bracket and the bracket grips on the inner door sheetmetal. Not just through the outter skin like the stockers. Your gonna have to modify the mirror control as it hits one of the mounting studs. I just shaved a bit off it with a razor knife. Over all I like the mirrors so far.:thumbsup

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i got the install figuired out. I though the brackets went on the outside. Stupid mistake. They look great and like you stated it hits the mirror switch so i have to modify that. But now i have a bigger problem. I went to adjust the mirrors and they moved for maybe a second and then i hear a "click" (like a fuse going) and now my mirrors and radio do not work. Yet the heated mirrors work. I went through the fuses and have not yet found a bad one. Any ideas?

· Registered
1,933 Posts
ok i got the install figuired out. I though the brackets went on the outside. Stupid mistake. They look great and like you stated it hits the mirror switch so i have to modify that. But now i have a bigger problem. I went to adjust the mirrors and they moved for maybe a second and then i hear a "click" (like a fuse going) and now my mirrors and radio do not work. Yet the heated mirrors work. I went through the fuses and have not yet found a bad one. Any ideas?
i have this problem too werre u able to get it resolved?

· Just Another Slow VP
5,247 Posts
check the mirror and see if ya pinched the wires.....:doh:

i did it when i put first set on my truck.

but i never had a problem with the support brackets i got

· Registered
1,933 Posts
check the mirror and see if ya pinched the wires.....:doh:

i did it when i put first set on my truck.

but i never had a problem with the support brackets i got
wow i had dremeled notches and rounded them and somehow i still managed to pinch them and the exposed wire blew the fuse! fixed the problem i love these damn things! its amazing how massive it makes the truck feel folded it. i have to leave them folded out cuz they look to dang awesome!! :yourock::yourock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.