Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time when you hear from people with these trucks it's because they're having problems -- even if they're self-induced from "doing it yourself." Reading a lot of problems can even make you feel anxiety about your own truck and I have found myself looking for something to go wrong, but I've never had any major issues.

I just think it would be a good idea to make mention of your 6.7CTD that hasn't had any issues. I bought my 07.05 at ~30k miles and I did the deletes within 1000 miles of buying it after finding this forum. Since then I've had no major problems (U-joints went bad ~60k) and now I'm sitting at over 71k and very happy with my 2007.05.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2008 3500 Mega Cab. Stock with no emissions issues in 33,000 km's (I did have the water pump go at 30,000 km's). Very happy with it so far. Just had the j35 done today so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
2008 had 60K when traded in with everything intact except the EGR was unplugged and was totally free from problems. 2010 with 3K and EGR unplugged is also problem free so far.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Got 46,000 km on my 08, deleted since 34,000. Zero issues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Most of the time when you hear from people with these trucks it's because they're having problems -- even if they're self-induced from "doing it yourself." Reading a lot of problems can even make you feel anxiety about your own truck and I have found myself looking for something to go wrong, but I've never had any major issues.

I just think it would be a good idea to make mention of your 6.7CTD that hasn't had any issues. I bought my 07.05 at ~30k miles and I did the deletes within 1000 miles of buying it after finding this forum. Since then I've had no major problems (U-joints went bad ~60k) and now I'm sitting at over 71k and very happy with my 2007.05.
I find this to be a common thing on all vehicle forums. Most people join up to either find an answer to a problem or to find out about upgrades and modifications.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
No problems, but I've only got about 2k on the EGR delete. Bought with 124k miles, unplugged the EGR, now 127k. Now getting a couple more mpg. According to this mpg comparison calculator, I should save about $240 every 10,000 miles. Not bad for just unplugging one connection.

Save Money

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,491 Posts
The only trip I made to the dealer in my 26K was due to my actions. :S:
I've done deletes & tuner to be proactive in keeping the truck running as well as for fuel economy.
The truck has been flawless.:party018:

·
Registered
137 Posts
35K still on the original flash. Did deletes at 17K to make a good truck a great truck!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just coming up to 90,000 KMs. The truck has been to the dealer only 3x in 2 years, once each for the firewall recall and the J35 and one other time for a flash update. For half of the clicks on the clock, I've towed my 8,000 LB travel trailer with 1,000 LBs in the box, all over Alberta and B.C. This is a great truck and I made the correct decision going with the 6.7 and automatic. With the exception of a gutted air intake tube, an after market drop in air filter, a 4" hole in the bottom of the stock air box and 285/70/17 tires, it is stock. I do not plan on doing deletes.

·
Registered
893 Posts
175,000 kms, no problems after deletes @ 50,000 km

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
67k miles on my 2008 Ram 2500 with only one visit to the dealer for Turbo cleaning. 7k miles now on my 2009 Ram 3500 DRW and zero issues.

Bone stock on both trucks. No deletes, nothing disconnected.

·
Registered
143 Posts
5600 miles on my 09,to the dealer 2x, for recall windshield wiper motor and for j-35 flash.big azz camper on for the summer.i like my truck,all stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
37k on my 07 that I bought new in May of 07. Did the deletes at 27k, but never had any problems up to that point either. Only been to the dealer for one reflash for as long as I've had it. And I'd bet about 25k of those are pulling my 13k lb toyhauler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts