Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2006 MegaCab 2500 4x4, it currently has a 6" fabtech and Rize Cross-Over Steering installed with Superlift dual steering stabilizer. The truck just got aligned and when the truck hits a bump the steering wheel is going left to right like a school bus. Someone also told me it might be the lower ball joints. I'm considering pulling the entire lift out and buying a complete Rize lift kit. I would prefer making this lift work as money isn't plentiful with diesel @ $5.19 per gallon in the Bay Area. Has anyone had this problem and any recommendations? Your advice is much appreciated! :confused:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
This is classic bump steer. Most likely the track bar and steering drag link are not parallel (at different angles). He will need to either get a different track bar drop bracket or change the drag link connection point on the pitman arm to the top or bottom to line up the two bars. They must be parallel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would thank everyone for their honest opinion and advice!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the track bar & drag link is parallel, do you guys think I need an adjustable drag link? Carli suspension makes one but that cost $400. Please advise..........

·
Registered
315 Posts
The stock drag link is adjustible. You shouldn't need more adjustment, it should have enough to it already. how ever it may be flexing... Look into thuren fabrication. or pure performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts