Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have the right to view the prior service records for my 2007.5? When I went in to the dealer last, they gave me the runaround an acted like I could not see them. One of my good friends has a truck with the same build date as mine and he has had his turbo and DPF replaced, and I am very curious if mine has been done as well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You should have every right to see whats been done to your truck, keep going up the chain of command untill you get some results, or probably easier to go to different dealership!

·
Registered
745 Posts
You should have every right to see whats been done to your truck, keep going up the chain of command untill you get some results, or probably easier to go to different dealership!
I completely agree...a different dealership is a good idea.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Could be a personal privacy issue. The previous owner's name and possibly other info might be on the records. Tell them you're OK with them blacking out anything personal.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You should have a right to them but I've never been successful at getting a dealership to show me the records on a vehicle that has had previous owners.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good luck !! I'm having a problem with my dealer keeping track of whats going on with my truck???? I've been there countless times and they cant keep track of everything. Last time I was there I asked them to tell me hatthe last flash was and no one at the service dept could figure it out. That is BS.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm amazed to hear Dodge/Chrysler does not offer this. When I bought my last Powerstroke, The dealer ran an "OASIS" report on it and it showed everything that had been done to it by a Ford dealer throughout its life.

Didn't stop the EGR cooler from stranding my family on vacation but that's another story...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Perhaps you should call the Chrysler Corp. numbers in the owners manual.I would file a complaint . Some dealer service managers don't want you to have the documentation afraid your issues may reflect on their performance or lack of knowledge.Ultimately your paper trail could lead to a buyback. Some dealers post service records on CARFAX. GOOD LUCK. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
That's bogus. I bought an '05 Accord and went to the original selling dealership and they printed out all records(including the prior owner's name and address which wasn't right). Sometimes techs on this forum can help.

·
Registered
417 Posts
try carfax

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Carfax

try carfax
Be leary of Carfax. My 2000 Trooper incurred $13,000 in damage including frame damage. I ran a Carfax on it for resale purpose and it came out clean. I did divulge the damage to the buyer though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts