Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dipricol Trans temp gauge on my 04. It was working great untill this week. It lights up, but the temp does not move at all. Found no visible reason for it not working. Is there any way to test the sender and the gauge to figure out which one shot craps on me? Thanks!:confused013:

· Registered
1,086 Posts
today i started my truck up and it went right to 260 and stayed there. do you think my sender is screwed?

· Registered
597 Posts
I had to ground my sending to get it to read correcttly

· Registered
1,086 Posts
my gauge is bouncing around all over the place, does this mean the sender is screwed up

· Registered
2,183 Posts
:confused: Mine isnt grounded or anything, just screwed into the trans, works fine.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
I would imagine to test it just find someone near you with the same gauges and swap senders. its easy enough to do.

· Registered
14 Posts
my gauge is bouncing around all over the place, does this mean the sender is screwed up
Mine was doing the same thing.The ground tested fine.Replaced the sending unit and the guage,still it bounced and read inaccurately.I finally ran a ground line and it's been working fine since.My sensor is in the hot line.Hope this helps.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok mine decided to start working agian last night, but is bouncy. How did you guys ground the sender? What temps should I be seeing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.