Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Pricol oil psi gauge

• Electric

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Mechanical

Votes: 4 19.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been emailing with pricol and the oil psi gauge they are working on is a mechanical gauge, which I am not excited about. I want to get a pricol oil psi gauge to match the rest of my gauges but have no desire to run an oil line to my dash. So it came up in an email with them is that they have a design for an electrical gauge but the price is going to be much greater, could be a couple hundred dollar gauge.

So what would you prefer?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I would definatley prefer an electric one. A mech fuel pressure gauge is different then running hot oil inside your cab.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have an opinion? My other thought is if its mechanical why isn't it a 270* sweep?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Electric - I currently run an electric AutoMeter oil pressure gauge but it doesn't match the Pricol gauges that it shares space with.

Didn't they used to make an electric OP gauge? I've seen them on websites but always listed as out of stock.

I've wondered how much of a difference there is between and oil pressure gauge and a 0-100psi fuel pressure gauge, the sending units for my autometer oil pressure gauge and pricol fuel pressure gauge appear identical.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
i just got this electrical oil pressure gage from isspro,
not sure if it matches what your looking for.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bringing this back up...

Even if you aren't in the market what would you prefer...

elephantrider, I used to have that gauge in my toyota.. great gauge.. but I wan't all of mine to match.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
yeah, for some reason i cant get the dang thing to work.
i mounted it to the tap on top of the oil filter housing, and
hooked up all the electric, still no pressure showing.
it lights up, but other than that, nothing...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ran an mechanical once in a car. Dang oil line sprung a leak and had an oil slick on the floor board that I couldn't get rid of.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, for some reason i cant get the dang thing to work.
i mounted it to the tap on top of the oil filter housing, and
hooked up all the electric, still no pressure showing.
it lights up, but other than that, nothing...
That is very odd... Probably the brain.. call ISSPRO.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not that I know of...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The electric gauge is probably just looking for a 0-5v input or a 4-20 milliamp input; those pressure transducers are all over eBay.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
The electric gauge is probably just looking for a 0-5v input or a 4-20 milliamp input; those pressure transducers are all over eBay.
thats the first thing i checked if there were any unused spades on the back of the gage. there wasnt, so assumed that the eletrical for the gage would pull power from the light source. ?

on the pyro there were two additional spades to drive power to the box. the oil pressure gage wasnt like that..?

any other ideas ? would really like to get it working.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
So what's on the back of the gauge? There's gotta be wires from the sender to the gauge, no?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
yes, there is . its hard wired from the back of the gage, through the wire loom direct to the golden sending unit on the pic. then there is the wire + and - for the light source.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The isspro EV gagues use an amplifier, unlike any other gauge I know of... but they have a 1 year warranty, I would just call isspro.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
yep, im looking into doing that.
think i would have to get with the site sponsor i bought it from, or just call isspro myself ?

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked with Pricol recently and they are still working the oil psi gauge.. They are mixed on doing an electrical or mechanical oil psi gauge. I guess the issue is on price, more money for an electrical... but who cares, I don't want to run oil into my cab and by the time you get the isolator and such its more money..

So, if you want an electrical oil psi gauge from Pricol email them and let them know email: [email protected]

I guess they are being told by there distributors that it wont sell, yet thats not the consensus I see around here.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked with Pricol recently and they are still working the oil psi gauge.. They are mixed on doing an electrical or mechanical oil psi gauge. I guess the issue is on price, more money for an electrical... but who cares, I don't want to run oil into my cab and by the time you get the isolator and such its more money..

So, if you want an electrical oil psi gauge from Pricol email them and let them know email: [email protected]

I guess they are being told by there distributors that it wont sell, yet thats not the consensus I see around here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts