Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have not ordered a truck, always off the lot, so I may not have all the facts here...

But when you order from a dealer can't you get financed for that truck and have it all taken care of prior to delivery?

This last truck I bought was in transit so that may be different, but I had a finance contract signed before it even showed up.

·
Registered
2017 ram 2500 tradesman 4x4 g56 ext cab
38 Posts
im not sure if there is some sarcasm in there I am supposed to pick up on or not lol

either way, I never got anything that had that clause in it. Don’t you think someone should have said something about any changes would make this truck subject to a price increase (if there really was one) ?

the paperwork is signed and the deposit is paid. Deal is done as far as im concerned
I am sorry my friend, I did not mean to make light of your situation or to be sarcastic. Your salesperson should have made you aware of this. I added a smiley face to hopefully soften the blow and add a friendly touch.

you actually argue in favor of this when you state that “the paperwork is signed and deposit is paid. A deal is a deal” …but then you changed the deal :( the salesperson should have made you aware of the ramifications of changing that deal.

now, how did you communicate? Was it a text message? An email? A phone call?
Hopefully over the phone. Now was it the salespersons cell phone or the dealerships main line? You see most businesses have switched to VOIP telephony service which is easily recorded but if you phoned the sales persons cell… now maybe just maybe you have the chance to deny the content of that phone call. Maybe you were just inquiring about changing the deal, and you did not give the go ahead to change that deal via any form of written or text communication? Maybe you didn’t confirm your change request via email or text? Then you have perhaps a leg to deny.

again my friend I am sorry for your predicament and I hope my original post was not offensive to you.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Here’s the thing, if price change for any reason is not in writing at the time of order and signed when the deposit is place By both buyer and seller the dealer can not charge any more the the agreed price. Verbal means nothing IF that is given, we all know even good dealers are out to make as much monies as possible bad or good times in the econom. Let’s face it….I haven’t met a salesman or dealership that I would trust even durning a good economy let alone right now.

Is an extra 1000 bucks worth walking away ? to me I’d tell them to stuff it and find some other huckleberry, if the initial agreement signed say no return of deposit but did not have any language about any increase of cost do to changes or other the dealer needs to return your deposit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No offense taken 👍🏼

I have been talking to the salesman daily about this. To me it is just as much about my $1000 hard earned dollars as it is the principle.

Maybe im a sucker, I don’t really think so. Im pretty good at sniffing out bull sh!t.

The salesman gives me the impression he genuinely feels bad and acknowledged he did not know ram had a price increase in between my initial order and making the change or he would have told me. He still contends there is nothing he can do because im getting affiliate pricing (1% below invoice) the dealer wont eat the $1000 mistake.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I guess the question is even with another 1K is it still under the going prices etc...

·
Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
2,279 Posts
Tell the dealer, since they screwed up, you want $1000 worth of fuel, oil and air filters.

·
White Lightning
2018 RAM 4500 Cab & Chassis, 6.7L Cummins, AS69RC transmission, four wheel drive, 60” cab to axle.
14,656 Posts
Thats a great idea! Or x amount of free oil changes..
I’d rather have $0.00 than to have some of the Oil Tech Monkeys wrenching on my vehicles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’d initially suggest ordering from one of the dealers discounting below employee pricing (probably another $3k below affiliate pricing, but most of them don’t handle the 4500/5500s…

·
Registered
432 Posts
My dealer did this to me. I ordered about Oct. 2020. By the time the truck went into production some of the prices went up (not substantially). The window sticker reflected the increased prices vs my sales order. It wasn't substantial enough to ***** about, and the price was being jacked up from Ram not the dealer.

·
Registered
686 Posts
When I ordered mine late 2021, I signed a price protection agreement. It was written as:

1) If Ram changed the pricing for the better, I got the better.

2) If Ram changed the pricing for the worse, I could only be charged up to 1k if it was over that amount.

So if Ram changed the price by 4k let's say, I would only pay 1k. So I knew going in worst case the price could only change by 1k. Being honest I did plan on "the price changing" and the dealer 100% making sure they got that 1k out of me, but the price actually did go down by a couple hundred as I believe it was the price of the Uconnect5 12" changed a little by the time it came.

Reactions: Flight medic

·
Registered
22,326 Posts
That is the way it works some times. Prices are set on the day it is built. Back in the day you could "price garuntee" one when your ordered it, but
you had to specifically do it. Often referring to rebates also. Did rebates go down or did the sticker price go up, ifit is the latter I expect it is the rebate change which often happens in January. What rebates did you get by name and amount?
What did you order it for price wise, Sticker, around invoice or what, then minus rebates. What were/ are rebates the and now? When was scheduled build date? Did it change?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts