Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So fishing on eBay for 2013 prices and configurations. Found a nice base Laramie without too much added. Just for curiosity you know...

Then I actually READ their AD:

Here's their pitch:

You are viewing a NEW 2013 Ram 2500 Crew cab Laramie!!! Auto TRANSMISSION in The Black coat paint. The msrp is $56,300.00 and the buy it now" price of $47,994 is invoice, less rebate, less ALL THE HIDDEN PROFIT. THE HIDDEN PROFIT IS OTHER KNOW AS HOLDBACK. BEST PRICE DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN BEST DEAL, CONSIDER DOC FEE'S, WARRANTY PRICES, INTEREST RATES, TRADE ALLOWANCE, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE WHOLE DRIVE OUT PRICE. OUR PRICES CAN'T BE BEAT!!!.

Here's the fine print (and I mean small):

This vehicle is new and comes with the 3 yr/ 36,000 mile bumper to bumper and 5 YRS OR 100,000 MILE WARRANTY ON Powertrain!!! We are open mon-sat 8:30am/7pm est. We are using southeast zone rebates, other zones may qualify for same price please CALL KEITH HICKS OUR INTERNET MANGER FOR MORE DETAILS!!! INCLUDED IN THE PRICE IS A $1,000 Trade in Assistance (Must have trade) $500 DOLLAR REBATE FOR BEING IN THE MILITARY, (MUST BE A CURRENT MEMEBER OR RETIRED FOR 20 YEARS) Or IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT BUSINESS LIC.

So after reading the first paragraph I'm thinking great -- taking $8k+ right off the top. They go on and on in the pitch about how they're not like the other dealers and their prices are straight forward and honest.

Then I read the fine print...

Here we learn you have to have a trade value of $1,000, be member of the military or retired 20 years or have a business license to get this price.

Wait? Which is the truth? Paragraph #1 or Paragraph #2????

Why not just say you have to have a trade value of $20k and then claim you're selling the damn truck for $28K???

Geez.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know what dealer you're talking about. I'm betting if you call then they'll work with you on the price. You really can't blame them for showing what they COULD sell you the truck for.

Kinda funny it would still be about $7k off MSRP without any negotiations whatsoever and people are still not happy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you mean me? I'm totally happy. I think 7k of the top is wonderful. I think it's totally dishonest the way they did this though. So I have to disagree with you on that point and that's why I posted this. They might be the nicest dealer on earth. But to suggest that I need to put in 1000 dollars in order to get the selling price? Then it's not the selling price at all! They know what they're doing. Soon as I read ads like that I just move on to the next dealer.

By the way seems like something got messed up with the forum on this thread. The only way to replies actually use the mobile app!!! I think I found a bug. Lol oh lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts