Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Pretty ignorant when it comes to wheels

598 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Blackdodge2008
I need some help.

I have the stock 17x8 wheels with the stock 265/70/R17 tires. Can I run a 17x9 wheel with my stock tires (till I upgrade them in the future)?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
yes you can run that 9" rim but why would you want to? where is the 9" rim gonna help you? i wouldnt worry about it until your ready for the right tire/rim combo. by the way guys are running 12.50's on stock rims all day long
good luck
r/ Coty

· Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want 17x9's for when I upgrade to some 33" tires. However, I don't feel like throwing away my stock set that have another 40,000 miles left on them.

My goal was to make sure I wasn't buying something I'd have to swap when I go a little bigger on the tires.

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
if you plan to buy new tires and wheels anyway, why don't you just pick out some nice summer ones and keep the stock tires and wheels for winter, that's what i did. then you are not getting salt and crap on your nice wheels.

· Registered
346 Posts
if you plan to buy new tires and wheels anyway, why don't you just pick out some nice summer ones and keep the stock tires and wheels for winter, that's what i did. then you are not getting salt and crap on your nice wheels.
my rims and tires are being install as I type, and I have the same plan.

stocker = winter rims with 33's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.