Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fool my pressure sensor on the side of the transmission, but all the pics of others on here dont look the same as mine. Mine looks like this...

Attachments

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, I see it now. I pulled the wrong darn plug. ok got it now. but how do you connect the resistors?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm trying to fool my pressure sensor on the side of the transmission, but all the pics of others on here dont look the same as mine. Mine looks like this...
Wrong plug.:shock: Its the one the two little metal lines of the exhaust run to. The plug is on the little square black box towards the top of the trany.:thumbsup:

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Oh ok, I see it now. I pulled the wrong darn plug. ok got it now. but how do you connect the resistors?
Look in the link on my 1st post. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I sodered the ends of the resistors to small spades(u might have to trim the spades down) The soder fills the inside of the spade great, dont even have to crimp if you dont want to but its alway better. Then use liquid electic tape and your ready to go. To seal conector i used a finger out of a vinyl or latex glove. Strech it over and zip tie it to the cord.:redneck:A little redneck i know, but its the best i came up with.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand where they go, but how do you physically attach them?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Some have used Red crimp on terminals and cut one leg off. Just like the EGT foolers. I found some Ford pins that look to be about the correct size at Pep Boys. Other auto stores may have them as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, ok. I'll try that. I'm a lil slow but i'm gettin it now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, Here's another dumb question. Whats the best way to get that fother mucker plug off?

·
Registered
261 Posts
squeeze and pull. if it won't come off spray some contact cleaner on it thats what i had to do to mine it popped right off after that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found if you take a screw driver, and from the sensor side of the plug, stick it in to open tab and it slides right off. Also found that your basic electrical wire connecters work well for spades to fit in the plug. I just took the smallest size and pinched off one fork and mashed the other side down to size with pliers. I just now have to find a sodering iron to put it all together. Thanks everyone for the tips and advice.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just soldered the resistors to half inch long finish nails. They go in all the plugs a lot tighter than those flat electrical connectors do.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER PRESIDENT
881 Posts
Yes they work great I did the spade connector on a truck had a contact problem changed them out with these no problem since they fit snug and go in a ways so no concern of coming out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts