Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

pressure fooler...

1178 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  evan4434
i'm finally about to do the dpf delete...i was wonder'n if someone had a idea of how to connect the resistors to the pressure unit i've made my simms for the egt sensors...but i don't have a programmer so i'm hope'n if i do the pressure fooler at the same time i'll only get the cel light for the egr bein unplugged..thanks...Jeff
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Retired Old Fart!
10,491 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
So just two resistors and that's it? Does one need a controller to clear the codes and the DPF timer at start up?

That part of the write up was unclear to me.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,491 Posts
They are not required. It is nice though. The PS keeps the OHD message from coming. Mine still came up with some ghost codes every week or so. I would just manually clear them with my scangauge until my PMT was installed. Now I do the code clear on start-up. Nice! :thumbsup:

· Registered
54 Posts
I did the DIY dpf delete with the resistors. but could not find any 110ohm resistors so just used 100ohm ones instead. truck runs great but still get a cel as if the egr is unplugged but it's not -because i wanted to see if any codes came up before i unplugged it. i did hear that you could series 50 and 60 ohm resistors to get the 110ohm. would that help? any ideas? do not have a programmer as of now

· Retired Old Fart!
10,491 Posts
The CEL is probably coming from something else. See if you can read your codes using the key trick. Key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON look for the codes in the odometer display.
The EGR code would be P0405. Using the 110 ohm is right on the edge. Sometimes work, sometimes not. Yes 50+60 would make 110. :thumbsup:
BTW if the key trick works to read the codes you can do 5 times to clear. That's 3 to read and 5 to clear.

· Registered
305 Posts
What's the idea with the 110 and 390 ohm resistors in the DPF press. sensor? I tried this and ended up with more codes. The truck runs fine with or without. What is the simm in the press. sensor supposed to accomplish? Thanks

· Registered
305 Posts
What's the message, service required? I believe that this comes on at or around every 30k miles. I'm not solid on this. It is to service the emissions equipment, egr and cooler, pcv valve etc. If the message is DPF full or a % there of then maybe the two resistors in the pressure sensor, if you have the dpf delete, might work for you. I can't wait for a tuner. Smarty or XRT, hmmmmmm.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,491 Posts
What's the idea with the 110 and 390 ohm resistors in the DPF press. sensor? I tried this and ended up with more codes. The truck runs fine with or without. What is the simm in the press. sensor supposed to accomplish? Thanks
Sounds like you may have it installed backwards. It is supposed to simulate the signal for a clean DPF. If reversed, it would be simulating a full DPF. Sometimes this will give the 80% message as well.

mine has overhead message with or without fooler. any ideas
Your OHD message may be for something else like CCV filter or oil change. There's a thread in the 6.7 tech articles for clearing the OHD message if so.

What's the message, service required? I believe that this comes on at or around every 30k miles. I'm not solid on this. It is to service the emissions equipment, egr and cooler, pcv valve etc. If the message is DPF full or a % there of then maybe the two resistors in the pressure sensor, if you have the dpf delete, might work for you. I can't wait for a tuner. Smarty or XRT, hmmmmmm.
:thumbsup:

service required it said the same thing before i had the pressure fooler then i put them and it quit now it is back.
See my note above. :thumbsup:

· Registered
436 Posts
lol i looked in that thread one other time and was unsure of wich one i should try as none of them pinpointed the exact message i see. any thoughts? thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.