Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at adding a pressure box and have been checking out the powerpuck. My issue has been with the TNT tune, when I mash the throttle, I get a nice pop out of the exhaust at 2500rpm and then its fine. Looks like rail pressure isn't keeping up with the quick demand, but then comes up and holds steady at 22 to 23,000psi. What do you guys like for a pressure box and should this solve my issue??? :thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
The Quad X2 works really good on my 06.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I like my ramifier (old mp8) on my 04.5 any of them should help keeping the rail pressure up.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I just need to keep the pressure up right when I get into the throttle hard. After that the ArsonCP3 has no problems feeding the rail, just that initial drop in RP. Thanks guys, keep the suggestions coming and why you like your pressure box.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Oh I like my ramifier cause it was cheap. The new pressure boxes are nice cause they are adjustable. The TS mp8 has a rep of being fairly aggressive, not as much as the Dr.P stage 3 or whatever their top pressure box is.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to check out the puck since I can get it beyond cheap brand new. I like the sond of the edge EZ though.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well I can tell you it will work, I have the TNT tune and a puck and couldnt be happier! Adding a pressure box will make you fall in love with your truck all over again!

Anyways I got mine from thoughbred diesel for 165 shipped you cant beat that! I looked everywhere

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just checked out their site and they are selling it for $225 shipped. I'm glad to hear that you like the puck, I hope it cures my issue.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
What about a modded rail, like the one from T & C diesel, they have more volume so the rail psi dosent drop as much and take as long to catch up, I'am thinkin of doing one cause mine drops to 18 or so then catches back up to 23 +.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when I mash it, it pulls down to 14000psi and then catches up right after it pops, just takes to long. I think the pressure box will do the job.... I hope

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
when I mash it, it pulls down to 14000psi and then catches up right after it pops, just takes to long. I think the pressure box will do the job.... I hope
Im interested in this to see what happens.. What box you gonna get?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Does the powerpuck add timing also? Wonder how the powerpuck compares to the ez? Can you adjust the powerpuck?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Does the powerpuck add timing also? Wonder how the powerpuck compares to the ez? Can you adjust the powerpuck?
Puck is pressure only on 3rd gen's. Settings are off, 60 and 90 hp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts