Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
81 - 100 of 225 Posts

·
Banned
3,132 Posts
revise; will go 668/1380 ...
guessing the higher torque because your maxing the turbo out, has to peak around 2600 or so

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
your turbo is probably around 36, 3800 @ 1500* lol
I will simply say this..........you know a truck has more power the faster it gets to redline generally speaking.........well mine gets there real fast!!! it doesnt want to stop at 3200 even though it was shown how it dies off yesterday it wants to make more power!!! How Scheid pumps factor in who knows????

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I will simply say this..........you know a truck has more power the faster it gets to redline generally speaking.........well mine gets there real fast!!! it doesnt want to stop at 3200 even though it was shown how it dies off yesterday it wants to make more power!!! How Scheid pumps factor in who knows????
Im calling dyno shop tomorrow and pestering them....maybe they will make concession!!! LOL!!!

·
Banned
3,132 Posts
[/QUOTE
well you have all the makins of big hp, get your base see where your at...

commendable to even have the $ alone, ever consider pump conversion?

edit: chasing big # with vp is a ghost, even chasing reliability (shutup moparman, LOVE YOU) is a ghost, depends your goals..

big #'s vp goal is one thing, big goal ass dyno is another.. WRONG path

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Nope i am dedicated VP Fan.
I wouldnt be doing Stage 2 if i had to buy it outright. Some vendors want $3150. I am getting rebuild for $600. Steal!!! I also decided to take off pump myself, my diesel mechanic charges an arm and leg. Also install compounds with help from Scarlett Cummins.

·
Banned
3,132 Posts
Reactions: Got Horsepower

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Hey man lets pick it up tomorrow. If i can scrounge time i will change oil tomorrow. Job on coast should only take half day. I also get my Liquid chill and water wetter tomorrow. Drain radiator and refill with good stuff.

Hang loose!!!

·
Premium Member
Lower carbon footprint than electric vehicles
3,266 Posts
The limiter will be the VP44, then once you have the stage 2 pump the turbine wheel/housing will be without some kind of external wastegate. The Scheid stage 1 pumps are basically just like any hot rod pump out there and don't flow anymore than SO pumps(basically a hybrid of an SO and HO pump or has extra fuel and timing just like any tuning module will do). I'm sure the truck runs great and makes respectable power but there is only so much power that you can make with so much fuel regardless of injector or turbo size. A matched setup will make the best power, anything too small or too large will hold it back. If you wanted to figure out your power you could get the truck weighed and time your quarter mile.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The limiter will be the VP44, then once you have the stage 2 pump the turbine wheel/housing will be without some kind of external wastegate. The Scheid stage 1 pumps are basically just like any hot rod pump out there and don't flow anymore than SO pumps(basically a hybrid of an SO and HO pump or has extra fuel and timing just like any tuning module will do). I'm sure the truck runs great and makes respectable power but there is only so much power that you can make with so much fuel regardless of injector or turbo size. A matched setup will make the best power, anything too small or too large will hold it back. If you wanted to figure out your power you could get the truck weighed and time your quarter mile.
You didn't make a guess........you don't want wm???

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
I have a range that I feel it be would in but it's a tough guess. Is their Dyno a Mustang Dyno or Dynojet?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
You didn't make a guess........you don't want wm???

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
The water/methanol injection setup wouldn't be any use to me so you can count me out on it. Give it to someone else who would use it that guesses the closest. I'll just give you a range. I would say between 690-730hp and 1350-1400ft-lbs if the tc isn't slipping.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
The water/methanol injection setup wouldn't be any use to me so you can count me out on it. Give it to someone else who would use it that guesses the closest. I'll just give you a range. I would say between 690-730hp an1350-1400ft-lbs if the tc isn't slipping.
If you get it a gift certificate at vendor of your choice is an option!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Running a truck for the first time on a dyno can be a real eye opener. Five eighty one.
Not my first time. Ive done 503 with an HX40 and 150 hp injectors???? Five eighty one is quite a low guess for the mods I've got. I've been on several different dynos and know what to do!!!! Better rethink your guess????

Surprise Surprise getting Torque Converter lock up switch next week!

81 - 100 of 225 Posts