Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
@Got Horsepower

You wouldn't happen to be going to the Corona Recovery Dyno Challenge would you?

·
Banned
3,133 Posts
i'm gonna be around 650-660 wheel and 1380trq with specs, care to start a guess thread? lol

·
Banned
3,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Don't follow! How do you recover from something you don't do???
Uh...that's the name of the dyno challenge at the Flying Wrench in Kingston in a few weeks. I recall you being in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was thinking about heading to that same dyno challenge @ Flying Wrench too. Just had them service my transmission through Dynamic and saw the flyer on it. My truck is quite puny on power so it might be interesting to see some bigger numbers from other rigs.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was thinking about heading to that same dyno challenge @ Flying Wrench too. Just had them service my transmission through Dynamic and saw the flyer on it. My truck is quite puny on power so it might be interesting to see some bigger numbers from other rigs.
I've been wanting to go to a dyno event for a while to check things out and listen to some diesel sounds. I'm also curious to know what my '15 will do with the modifications it has and want a baseline to go off of when I put in injectors eventually. I'm definitely not going to be breaking any records and hopefully not any parts. They also handled my trans upgrade thru Dynamic and gearing change. I figure if it costs to put the truck on the dyno anyway, might as well enter the contest and maybe take home a sticker or t-shirt.

Reactions: hutchmj

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've been wanting to go to a dyno event for a while to check things out and listen to some diesel sounds. I'm also curious to know what my '15 will do with the modifications it has and want a baseline to go off of when I put in injectors eventually. I'm definitely not going to be breaking any records and hopefully not any parts. They also handled my trans upgrade thru Dynamic and gearing change. I figure if it costs to put the truck on the dyno anyway, might as well enter the contest and maybe take home a sticker or t-shirt.
I'll see you there!

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
only because the trans and 50psi, cam and meth will help
Boost when it lights is closer to 60 psi???you can have all the boost in the world but if your drive pressure is higher it really does no good. My setup right now boost is 5-10 psi higher than drive pressure. So even though my boost is lower I can actually be making more power than someone making alot more boost with high drive pressure. My setup is extremely effecient!!!

·
Banned
3,133 Posts
Boost when it lights is closer to 60 psi???you can have all the boost in the world but if your drive pressure is higher it really does no good. My setup right now boost is 5-10 psi higher than drive pressure. So even though my boost is lower I can actually be making more power than someone making alot more boost with high drive pressure. My setup is extremely effecient!!!
honest opinion, 60psi from single is too much, meth will be saving grace. Def curious numbers. have my guess in!

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
honest opinion, 60psi from single is too much, meth will be saving grace. Def curious numbers. have my guess in!
The ATS 5000 was designed to handle up to 70 psi boost. That's what they advertise. So how is 58 lbs boost to much for a single designed to put out 70 lbs????

·
Banned
3,133 Posts
again just an opinion

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
21 - 40 of 220 Posts