Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
your definition of clean is different than ours. its a difference of opinion that we will not agree on.

our definition is
a clean truck is one you can leave a stop light at snap input to WOT and not smoke.
go from locked converter 40 mph to snap wot and not smoke while passing.
a clean truck is a truck anyone can jump in head to the emissions station and pass.

your truck might be clean up top in the rpms, but it is not clean by my definition by the way you describe it.

I think your new setup with a good trans will get in the mid 800's. hopefully you will build better torque lower in the rpms with a good trans. More torque made lower will result in a higher hp number.
I will simply kindly agree to disagree with your estimate for specific reasons that will remain hidden till we run dyno! Not a big difference but enough!

I respect your guess and I also hope the trans will put the power down. Muldoons recommends line pressure of 200 psi for anything over 700 hp.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Not saying it’s wrong, but does anyone else find it odd when
Not saying it’s wrong, but does anyone else find it odd when someone quotes their own posts?
I repeat myself all the time not just in my posts.

On a brighter note my 6x.020 Infinite Performance injectors mailed today!!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Not saying it’s wrong, but does anyone else find it odd when someone quotes their own posts?
I find it even odder, and more annoying, when 14 exclamation points are used at the end of nearly every sentence when one is talking to himself.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
So you guys can continue to bash me and I'll tell you how I'm going to make more horsepower than you.

As soon as I get my infinite performance 6x.020 injectors I'm going to pull the DDP underpowered ones and install the new ones along with Scheid .093 injector lines. While doing all that I'm going to pull the Scheid stage 1 VP44 and send it in to be Rebuilt to stage 2. When I get it back I'll reinstall pump and lines and reinstall everything else. My 691 hp will then jump up to more than you can ever hope to have because you don't have the money to buy the parts I do.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm also going to have a full billet full race transmission built. Something else you can't afford.
Your first sentence without useless punctuation. Very good. Now here's some more advice for you son. While money might buy you 1000 hp and a trans to hold it, it won't buy you friends or happiness. And bragging about it certainly won't buy you any respect on this or any other forum. I'm gonna back out now and let you think about what I just said. I'll be watching from the sidelines though waiting for you to break 1000 hp, or your truck, or your bank account.
Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Not saying it's wrong but does anybody find it odd when someone has a nicer Truck than them that they can't pick apart they instead pick apart the owner of the nicer truck?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Your first sentence without useless punctuation. Very good. Now here's some more advice for you son. While money might buy you 1000 hp and a trans to hold it, it won't buy you friends or happiness. And bragging about it certainly won't buy you any respect on this or any other forum. I'm gonna back out now and let you think about what I just said. I'll be watching from the sidelines though waiting for you to break 1000 hp, or your truck, or your bank account.
Best wishes.
The only reason I brought up money is because I knew it would sting the same way your words were stinging me.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
All this makes the ML thread look almost sane to me.

And both prove that there are things money can't buy.
Well said sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
So you guys can continue to bash me and I'll tell you how I'm going to make more horsepower than you.

As soon as I get my infinite performance 6x.020 injectors I'm going to pull the DDP underpowered ones and install the new ones along with Scheid .093 injector lines. While doing all that I'm going to pull the Scheid stage 1 VP44 and send it in to be Rebuilt to stage 2. When I get it back I'll reinstall pump and lines and reinstall everything else. My 691 hp will then jump up to more than you can ever hope to have because you don't have the money to buy the parts I do.
For the record, I meant no harm by the quote comment.

Horsepower is just a number. We have already established you have a truck that makes decent power from time to time and is somewhat dirty in accomplishing that.

While it is fun making good numbers it comes at a cost with these old VP44s and that cost is generally a fair amount of smoke and a comparatively short power band.

Do some of us have the money, most definitely. Do we want a dirty truck, most definitely NOT. The EPA is not generally our friend in the matter so the best we can do in making our trucks run clean yet have a useful power band is the best we can strive for. If you have a dedicated, trailered race truck then by all means. But please please do not drive with your 6x.020s on the street, or at least if you do invest in the Quad so you can control it better.

Also for the record, I’m impartial to the cleanliness of my 2nd gen. Not saying your truck isn’t pretty but I still have yet to see an original paint sport model that is as decently kept as my own.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·

Horsepower is just a number. We have already established you have a truck that makes decent power from time to time and is somewhat dirty in accomplishing that.

While it is fun making good numbers it comes at a cost with these old VP44s and that cost is generally a fair amount of smoke and a comparatively short power band.

Do some of us have the money, most definitely. Do we want a dirty truck, most definitely NOT. The EPA is not generally our friend in the matter so the best we can do in making our trucks run clean yet have a useful power band is the best we can strive for. If you have a dedicated, trailered race truck then by all means. But please please do not drive with your 6x.020s on the street, or at least if you do invest in the Quad so you can control it better.

Also for the record, I’m impartial to the cleanliness of my 2nd gen. Not saying your truck isn’t pretty but I still have yet to see an original paint sport model that is as decently kept as my own.
Ok.....we are still friends! I do respect and consider all your Input!!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Best wishes.
My bank account will never be broken....I can do 3 $1975 lot surveys in Ocean Shores in 1 day! You do the math. Not bragging simply sharing a cold hard fact. You need to consider there is a good bit of office work involved before the survey actually takes place. So it is not taxing on me to do what I love to do! Diesel Performance! Wagler Street Fighter rods are in my near future! If engine breaks that's not a bad thing as we get to figure out how to make it stronger!!! To me that is not a failure but a stepping stone to next upgrade!

Peace out!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·

I would like to see your truck? Not to criticize but to admire!. I will if I need to travel to dyno show swap out injectors f or street travel. Or as you recommend make the switch to Adrenaline so I don't need to swap injectors.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I would like to see your truck? Not to criticize but to admire!. I will if I need to travel to dyno show swap out injectors f or street travel. Or as you recommend make the switch to Adrenaline so I don't need to swap injectors.
I would personally be curious to see what the quad could do to knock down on some of the smoke. With an injector that big and pump the way it will be I’m not sure you’ll gain much ground either way but who knows.

As for horse power it would be cool to see the difference. As stated previously, in most cases the edge will do a bit better but I’m not sure that anyone has tried something of the sort with a setup like what you’re working in to.

201 - 220 of 225 Posts