Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
I am guessing sub 700 as well. A hurt trans is nothing to turn a blind eye to. We will see.

685 and 1367

I don't think you will be able to build enough tw in the sweet zone to make 800 HP.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
what rpm did you make peak hp? how about peak torque? What RPM did hp fall off? are those corrected numbers or uncorrected?

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
How did i know you would ask these questions....LOL!!!

Peak Horsepower was 2875+- Peak torque 2725 horsepower started to fall off at 3000rpm ran it all the way to 3600rpm which theoretically shouldnt be possible with comp hot???? Uncorrected 200 foot elevation. I just got the sheet from my buddy.

It's not that the motor won't turn 3600 it's that you won't make power beyond 3200, which you can see in your graph. Vp's don't make gobs of power after 3k anyways.

I see 4 runs what was the difference in each? Did you run any with water meth vs without?

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
I was reading about the edge competition module says it fuels to 3700. is this true???? if so it may be in my future!

post 301 of your other thread..... read the bottom, your next replies said you were unwilling to spend the $$ because of the lack of hp difference. so we already suggested the edge comp with lvl 7 but you were not interested. from what I have seen it struggles to turn higher than 3600 rpm, but it does fuel until the ecm goes into overrun protection.

From your other thread

you won't really be seeing how the truck spools if you start your dyno run at 2k. you won't have any gauge on the compound setup vs the large single. I don't see what good a 2k start does for trying to show how well a setup spools vs another setup, IE: single vs Compounds. A lot of truck make their peak torque before 2k so if you are wanting to do comparisons it seems like your runs should start closer to 1500 rpm.

Also worth pointing out that the drag comp fuels to 3200 rpm, then it will stop fueling via tuning and the stock ecm tune takes over. at 3200 rpm the stock tune starts pulling fuel, more aggressively as you head towards 3500 rpm, at 3500 rpm the ecm starts going into runaway protection mode and sets the fueling command to basically 0. if you try and run out RPMS to 3500-3600 rpms your power is going to fall of the face of the earth after the edge stops fueling at 3200 rpm

Here is from Edge the specs of the Drag Comp

View attachment 954917

here is a datalog to shows what happens to the stock fueling command past 3000 rpm on the blue bars, orange bars are the quad and you can ignore that. note that the fueling commands fall off from ~3400 ( %75 of possible fueling) to ~600 ( which is about idle command) the end of the bar graph is going from 3000 rpm to 3500 rpm.

View attachment 954918

what this means is when the edge stops fueling at 3200 rpm your hp and torque will fall off fast as the fueling commands from the ecm are going to 0 rapidly. Doesn't matter how big your sticks are if the vp is not being told to fuel the injectors won't fuel.

if you want to make as high as possible in RPMS and you want to stick with the edge then you need to run a edge juice with attitude comp with level 7 hot hot unlock and it will try to fuel to ~3600. the normal edge drag just won't give you power above 3200 rpm as it is not programmed to.

here was your reply to the lvl 7 edge.

$1300 for 20 more horsepower..........not going to happen. I'm perfectly happy the way it runs now! If it takes that with compounds to make 1000 then that's a different story!!!

As for your run, good numbers, about what I thought with water meth running. I still think your trans is hurt and really bringing your numbers down. snake oil doesn't fix broken hard parts just covers the issue up. Been there done that when my trans was slipping.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
Oh and Teslas don't like 700hp firstly trucks. LOL!!!
I don't fully understand what you tried to type, but even the base tesla model 3 does 13.3 in the 1/4 and 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Model 3 S does it in under 11 and a plaid does it in under 10. I am guessing your truck would run a mid 12 with a good trans.... I think the tesla wasn't trying very hard if you beat it to 60

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
Sounds like she took off fast then let off and then you flew past.

Don't get cocky any none base Tesla on the roads these days will wipe the floor with your truck. Even the base will likely beat you to jail on the streets.

You might have 700 HP but you also weigh #7000 and don't build torque until 2500 rpm.

I like diesels as much as anyone but ev is the right platform for putting power down.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
your definition of clean is different than ours. its a difference of opinion that we will not agree on.

our definition is
a clean truck is one you can leave a stop light at snap input to WOT and not smoke.
go from locked converter 40 mph to snap wot and not smoke while passing.
a clean truck is a truck anyone can jump in head to the emissions station and pass.

your truck might be clean up top in the rpms, but it is not clean by my definition by the way you describe it.

I think your new setup with a good trans will get in the mid 800's. hopefully you will build better torque lower in the rpms with a good trans. More torque made lower will result in a higher hp number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts