Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Dodge Truck 4x4 Automatic
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are all the things I've done and am doing to get ready!

Fresh Royal Purple gear oil in rear axle with 16 ounces of Hotshots FR3.

Fresh Synthetic Royal Purple 15w 40 engine oil. With a large dose of Hotshots FR3

Hotshots Transmission Stiction Eliminator in tranny.

Fuel additive is Hotshots also but I don't reveal what kind and amount until after I make my number.

Charge all my motion camera batteries so as to captures the excitement.

Putting fresh Mishimoto Liquid Chill in Radiator along with 4 bottles of redline water wetter. Drop temp down to 160 degrees. You can argue efficiency after you see my numbers!?

That should about cover it. Anybody want to add suggestions feel free! This is all about numbers. Higher the better!!!

I forgot....half hour before run add a bag of ice to each water meth tank along with 4 bottles of heat to compensate for dilution before run.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What kind of transmission work have you had done? Think I read in earlier threads you had some fortifications.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of transmission work have you had done? Think I read in earlier threads you had some fortifications.
Sonnax/ PATC Billet 1 piece input, TCS billet output. OEM intermediate. Racing clutches TCS Billet TC triple disc. Ats Billet Flex Plate. Other than that I don't know what was done to VB. New trans will be 1000 hp capable.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
well hope you get it, my buddy got 700 something with built twins and think it was 70psi... either way... would take some safety things too just incase a line or something ruptures...

post video and sheets!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well hope you get it, my buddy got 700 something with built twins and think it was 70psi... either way... would take some safety things too just incase a line or something ruptures...

post video and sheets!
You'll get your video and sheets. I need a fire extinguisher!!! I'm only pushing 55 pounds or so.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered 3 gallons of Mishimoto Liquid chill and half gallon Redline water wetter. Gets engine temp down to 160. Pulling out all the stops. Im getting new Liquid chill as i contaminated it with regular antifreeze when i had a leak.

·
Registered
Youtube Certified Mechanic
252 Posts
Good for you, spend all the money you want if it makes you feel better.

If you knew anything about dynos a tire/wheel combo like the one you have can rob upwards of 50 horsepower.

Rotating mass is not your friend.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good for you, spend all the money you want if it makes you feel better.

If you knew anything about dynos a tire/wheel combo like the one you have can rob upwards of 50 horsepower.

Rotating mass is not your friend.
I am perfectly aware of that.

I do what I do not to make up for rotaing mass but to reduce friction and free up horsepower!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So just go buy a set of tires and wheels for a half hour on dyno?????

If I do 825hp with some tiny tires and wheels and then put the big ones back on and someone asks me how much power does it put to the ground and I tell them 825........I would in effect be lying!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts

If I do 825hp with some tiny tires and wheels and then put the big ones back on and someone asks me how much power does it put to the ground and I tell them 825........I would in effect be lying!!!!
Everyone has an opinion on this forum. Its your truck go do what you want with it. You're obviously having fun with the build. Best of luck. I'll be interested to hear what numbers you made.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

2 OEM wheels and radials with the proper speed rating would be just fine and stands the chance to cost nothing.

Isn't doing all the prepping the same thing?

If you're trying to win a competition why wouldn't you want to ensure you're eliminating as much parasitic loss as possible? If you're just wanting to see what it makes in the trim you daily, then send it without all the other stuff you're prepping cuz you don't do that all the time.

At the end of the day, do your thing and have a blast while your at it man. I'm just taking a logical stance. Heck, maybe do all the prep you mentioned AND change the rear wheels/tires.

I'm really just here cuz I'm going to be putting my '15 on a dyno in a few weeks and wanted to know if there's anything I need to do other than show up.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 OEM wheels and radials with the proper speed rating would be just fine and stands the chance to cost nothing.

Isn't doing all the prepping the same thing?

If you're trying to win a competition why wouldn't you want to ensure you're eliminating as much parasitic loss as possible? If you're just wanting to see what it makes in the trim you daily, then send it without all the other stuff you're prepping cuz you don't do that all the time.

At the end of the day, do your thing and have a blast while your at it man. I'm just taking a logical stance. Heck, maybe do all the prep you mentioned AND change the rear wheels/tires.

I'm really just here cuz I'm going to be putting my '15 on a dyno in a few weeks and wanted to know if there's anything I need to do other than show up.
Actually I do use those quantities all day every day. I am simply freshening them up! TRUTH!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Reactions: Got Horsepower

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just would like you all to know I appreciate your suggestions and you offer them with my best interest in mind. I am not closed minded!

That being said I know a tire shop that would lend me a couple used 265 75 r16. I will consider it. Really will have them put them on as these Arkons are heavier than any wheel I've ever seen!!!!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts