Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

PPE or smarty

629 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  RDyson
Im new to the cummins world and im not sure which would be the smarter buy!
Im looking for performance and of course milage, but i also want to be able to lay down a pretty stream of smoke when sombody ticks me off :peelout!
Also i have a stock tranny and im deffinatly not wanting to fry that all just yet lol
thanks any help would be appreciated
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I love the smarty.
You will hear that alot on here. I have never tried the PPE, but the smarty will definately give you the power and smoke you want. As far as the milage I do not know because I started with a superchips to bullydog to edge juice with attitude to what is in my sig now. Alot of people say they seen an increasewith just the smarty though.

· Banned
4,563 Posts
Not/lightly modded trucks fare best with Smarty. Heavily modded trucks have seen a slight power increase (over Smarty) with the PPE...

You will need intake, exhaust and gauges before you start cranking either of them up...or at absolute least, a pyro.

· Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Not/lightly modded trucks fare best with Smarty. Heavily modded trucks have seen a slight power increase (over Smarty) with the PPE...

You will need intake, exhaust and gauges before you start cranking either of them up...or at absolute least, a pyro.
:agree2: Pretty much nailed it.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well i knew that already haha Im just new to cummins not diesels haha I use to drive a stroke me!

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just making sure...a lot of guys come through here thinking they can throw Smarty on 9 with their BONE stock truck....
yea i know i wasnt trying to be a smart arse i was just clearing that up lol
sorry bout that

· Registered
2,289 Posts
What year truck do you have? About 100 hp over stock is all that your tranny is going to hold. And it won't hold that for too long if you rag on it very much.
The low end fueling of the Smarty has killed a ton of trannies.

Randy

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What year truck do you have? About 100 hp over stock is all that your tranny is going to hold. And it won't hold that for too long if you rag on it very much.
The low end fueling of the Smarty has killed a ton of trannies.

Randy
Its an 03 auto 4x4 with 35's if that helps any

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.