Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want some opinions on my situation. I got a 18 ram 2500 diesel i have already replaced power steering pump at 5000 miles. Now the truck is at 20000 miles and i notice pulsating in my steering i got under there and also notice like a super tiny leak i believe coming bajo bolt on bottom of the pump. I cleaned it up and tightened the bolt but still pulsating is going on. The resivore is perfect also. Im going to try and bleed it this weekend hopeing it will fix it but not sure how it would get air in it unless when i changed pump i reused the banjo bolt o rings. Any input thanks

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
You don't have a warranty anymore because...........???

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Would guess it is deleted, tuned, on big tires, with a lift.
Well, unless he boogered up the suspension, his warranty should still be good.

And if he did 'customize' his suspension, putting that in his post might be helpful to the knowledgeable folks in here that wanna help. Which is not me, BTW. I mean, I wanna help but, I don't qualify as knowledgeable when it comes to power steering.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Well, unless he boogered up the suspension, his warranty should still be good.

And if he did 'customize' his suspension, putting that in his post might be helpful to the knowledgeable folks in here that wanna help. Which is not me, BTW. I mean, I wanna help but, I don't qualify as knowledgeable when it comes to power steering.
Big tires and a lift will void the suspension and steering warranties. More resistance and force from the oversize tires and and screwed up geometries from the lift.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys yes deleted. Yes stock tires stock lift still got warranty. But i fix stuff my self they just pay for the parts is how i do it i just was wondering if sounded like pump going out or air in lines somehow and why would it be leaking just a super tiny bit at the bottom banjo bolt if it would suck air in from that area.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Hmm never heard of a dealer paying for parts for home mechanic.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes you got to make a claim and takes about a month and then you get a check you just got to prove you bought oem part with reciept.

·
Registered
101 Posts
curious - why go through the trouble when parts and labor are free? are you really far from the dealer, or something?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No but i dont like leaving my truck there to diagnose for a couple days just a hassle i just buy the part put it on and wait for my refund lol. Really not a hassle just ocd and dont really trust many mechanics. If makes sense lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Please let me know what you find. My steering sometimes pulsates when I turn to the left. Never to the right, and it is not every time. I have a 18 3500 cclb that’s completely stock with 8k miles on it. I’ll take mine to the dealer when it happens more frequently. There is no rhyme or reason on when my truck does it, and it will go months not doing it. Last thing I need to do is drop it off so the dealer says we can’t duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol crazy you say that mine aint did it in a day lol. Go check under ur pump see if theres a tiny tiny leak on the line of ur pump i tightned mine and seems to have got better but ima bleed it one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts