Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well im thinking about a new chip for the truck. its a toss between and Edge comp, CTS, or i can get my hands on an old juice w/ att. or a TST Powermax3. im leaning more to the PM3 so can anyone tell me how well it would stack with a smarty. and is it just a fueling box? no timing?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes you can stack it with a smarty. I BELIEVE (not sure), but the PM3 is a fuel adder. So with the the smarty you can run it on even and odd number. I know that he Edge Comp and Juice w/att will add both fueling & timing so you have to run the smarty then on evens. When the smarty is on odd numbers, it adds timing & fuel and you will advance to timing too much and have really s*&tY results. You just can't add 2 timing chips. See below:

Fuel & Timing (Edge Comp, Juice, Quads) = Good
Fuel (smarty even #'s) + Fuel & Timing (Edge Comp, Edge Juice w/att, Quads) = Good
Fuel(PM3) + Fuel & timing (smarty odd #'s) = Good
Fuel(PM3) + Fuel (Smarty on even #'s) = Good
Fuel & Timing (Edge Comp, Juice w/att.) + Fuel & Timing (Smarty odd #'s) = BAD NEWS BEARS!!!

Search Chip Stacking. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i knew that edge was also a timing adder, i didnt know if PM was also. thanks!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I ran a Jim Jessup timing tune along with a ADR for two years, It wont cause any issue. The VP can only allow so much timing.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
TST stacked with a TS MVP.
That's what I would get if I changed from my ADR.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
TST stacked with a TS MVP.
That's what I would get if I changed from my ADR.
aren't those two a hard hitting stack? Heard good things about them but they seem like the would ski rocket the egt's when towing?

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
I don't think they would rocket the EGT's more than anything else with common sense. If you're going to tow turn them down, if you're going to play turn them up. The TST is a clean box for the power it makes. It doesnt start fueling till around ~8-10psi of boost so you already have air moving in to burn the fuel.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The tst with a smarty to me is a great stack. I love it and if you tst is on a higher setting it spools quick. I have had better numbers on the dyno with the smarty on 7 and the tst on 9

·
Registered
634 Posts
Tst/ts mvp.

Love mine.
Towing I turn the tst off most of the time cause I honestly just don't need it. The mvp is the best towing box hands down in my opinion.

Egts with tst cranked an 12k behind me = 1100*
Both boxes cranked no load up hill doin 90 mph+ egt = 1250*
That's all with 100hp sticks an stock turbo set at 32 psi.

Love the setup.

To be fair I have also herd great things about the tst smarty stack and all 3 stacked. I'm lookin for a smarty to try all 3 together.

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
TST / Smarty stack has been around the block a time or two, should find LOTS by searching!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Have you upgraded your transmission yet? If not, you should really consider doing that before adding any box.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope, i might be trading it for a 99 5 speed sport but it will get another box. it has an edge j w/ att. hot unlock i guess. Im just trying to figure out what everyones opinions are. especially the ones who have run many different boxes in their day. but if i end up keeping the truck it will get trans mods. it only has 10k on the trans

1 - 14 of 14 Posts