Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new truck, but would just like a few power upgrades that wont void the warranty. What do you recommend, and can I see significant power gains without going the programmer route?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
well....... ya dont give us much to work with. however, you can use programmers and what not. the dealer has to prove that the programer is the direct problem source. that is the same with anything.

·
Registered
694 Posts
those di*k head dealers can pretty do whatever they please ha ha

·
Registered
331 Posts
Only thing I can think of is praying every night for your truck to maracle some more power out of it.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You are not going to be able to do much with out adding a chip of some sort. Maybe when the fabled Smarty finally makes its arrival will you have an option, But i wouldnt hold my breath.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good luck buddy. Maybe you truck starts up one day with a few extra ponies magicly. or you could put on a bunch of stickers, i just put my bully dog stickers on good for 10 hp a piece.

·
Registered
117 Posts
do the intake baffle mod, put a k&n filter in it and take out the muffler, you should get 3-5 hp... basicly nothing and worthless, take the dpf out, put an edge in there and enjoy your truck don't worry about the as$ holes down at dodge.

·
Registered
241 Posts
10 stickers should net you about 100 extra HP, depending on the size of them of course.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only thing I can think of is praying every night for your truck to maracle some more power out of it.
LOL, this seems to be the best option. Thanks for your replies. When is the Smarty for the 6.7 coming out? I am very interested in it.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
LOL, this seems to be the best option. Thanks for your replies. When is the Smarty for the 6.7 coming out? I am very interested in it.
That's the million dollar question:popcorn: No one knows.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
do the intake baffle mod, put a k&n filter in it and take out the muffler, you should get 3-5 hp... basicly nothing and worthless, take the dpf out, put an edge in there and enjoy your truck don't worry about the as$ holes down at dodge.
Removing the muffler does absolutely nothing but be a waste of your time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yea i know, that was the first things i did ...$50 waste of money.

·
Registered
126 Posts
10 stickers should net you about 100 extra HP, depending on the size of them of course.
How much do these cost? What should I see for mpg increase, and does it matter where I put them?
:lol3::peelout:rof

1 - 13 of 13 Posts