Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had thes problem, or kown what may be going on. The window on the 3 non drivers doors do not work on their own, the driver has to put them up or down. The swiches do not light up on them either. How do i test if its the window lock stuck in the "on" postion, even thou its goes up and down. All fuses Good. Any idea on what else to check?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check to make sure they are not locked out on the drivers side door.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the switch is in the Unlock postion

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
There was a thread on this a while back, turns out many people have this problem. Seems the issue is the contacts in the lockout portion of the switch were loose.

Guys who took the switch out and cleaned the contacts reported it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know where the thread is? how do you get the out and clean it?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I currently have this same problem and have not opened up the drives side controls yet. Have you fixed your yet?

·
Registered
213 Posts
:confused013: same problem here too. just started the other day. hopefully we'll find the link to the other thread or figure it out lol. :doh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
power windows

Has anyone had thes problem, or kown what may be going on. The window on the 3 non drivers doors do not work on their own, the driver has to put them up or down. The swiches do not light up on them either. How do i test if its the window lock stuck in the "on" postion, even thou its goes up and down. All fuses Good. Any idea on what else to check?
i have the same issue too this is not the switch ,i have tried two switches and not fixed the trouble .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same problem. The contacts on the lockout switch come loose on the PCB. The switch works by taking power away from the other windows. I temporarily solved it by running a jumbper between the yellow on the front connector and tan on the back connector, IIRC. You might want to double check in the service manual. I guess there's going to be a run on these on eBay :hehe:

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks will try your trick but i am shure my switchis good i have tried one that run on an other pick up . i think the trouble is the harness door . that do you think about this ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
got the same thing going on on my reg cab. I dont have a window lock switch though?? and sometimes it works & sometimes it doesnt???????? not a big deal but the Girl Friend doesnt like it lol....

·
Registered
4 Posts
power windows passenger doors ram 4 dr.

i have tried every trick and not solve the trouble ??? i think some one have installed an anti theft and plays with wire harness under steering ???

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've had similar issues. I could tap the back of the control panel and get the windows to work. I might open it up and clean contacts but for now I have a jumper wire which seems to be working but is also intermittent but I think thats a connection issues with the jumper. I'll report any changes

·
Registered
4 Posts
dont know wha to do . . .

i think its a ground issue . i have tried to short cut pink yelloy wire and orange and light blue . i am shure the electricity pass directly . all the fuses are ok , all the switches are ok . .. . what's wrong . is there some one can tell me where i can find the ground wire ?
thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
i think its a ground issue . i have tried to short cut pink yelloy wire and orange and light blue . i am shure the electricity pass directly . all the fuses are ok , all the switches are ok . .. . what's wrong . is there some one can tell me where i can find the ground wire ?
I'd be glad to but I need to know the model of your truck. Go to the Dodge body builders guide and you can look up the wiring diagram if you'd like.

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
10,680 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts