Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side window stopped working one to two years ago. I had read horror stories about the difficulty of replacing these motors and have been procrastinating fixing it. I finally dug into it last week, diagnosing the problem at the motor using a voltage tester. Ordered up a new motor and replaced it yesterday. I decided to try something different. I have the Dodge service manual and have read online about replacing these, entailing basically tearing entire door apart and dealing with the dangerous spring loaded regulator assembly. I studied the new motor when it came, as well as used a mirror to look inside the door. I then simply drilled three holes in the door to allow unbolting the motor without disturbing anything else in the door assembly. This was such an easy fix, wish I would have done it immediately. Once the three access holes were drilled, simply unbolted old motor and bolted new one in. The spring in the regulator assembly keeps the window closed in the up position, so no problems there. Hope this helps someone else, turned a dreaded job into something simple. I shot a short video showing the method.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyqI0z32T2U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2Zfn_puBRbjjwPVo_CwkdT18loGLKZCq1uZeehn-t_QDgVvo9iVtFGHhg

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Did you oil up the moving parts, that's one of the reasons the motors fail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts