Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had this problem?
I have a 05 2500 4x4 quad cab short box with 138 miles. It wanders all over the road. So bad my wife won't drive it.(that may not be so bad) Seriously, it also seems to have the power assist go out in the morning or some times in tight steering situations. Any suggestions?Anybody experienced this problem(s)?
Fixes? Please comment.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
my 05 had the steering box go out at about 35k miles. I started getting hard to steer, and at freeway speeds it wandered real bad. It wouldnt return to center at all. New steering box fixed it though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had a steering box put in my 06 3500 SRW. It was puking ATF all over the place. It wined when you would turn the wheels when sitting still. The box might be whipped. I know that they make steering box braces that bolt to the sway bar mounts that brace the box to help reduce flex in the system. I think i am gonna get one for mine. The tighter the steering system the better. Here is the link, i would seriously look into one of these if you can't find anything worn out really bad. Solid Steel Industries - Dodge Steering Stabilizer - Dodge RAM 2003+ 2500, 3500 4X4 - SSI DSS00203-4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts