Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad lives in Washington and just bought a 96 CTD about 2 months ago and he says that it is very stiff steering just slightly off center and eases up the further away you get from center. He has also just recently started leeking power steering fluid. Does anyone know of any problems that may cause it to handle like this???

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody???

·
Registered
279 Posts
Any idea where is it leaking from? The power steering also is the brake assist. Alot of hoses and its hard to see in there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not exactly sure on where it is leaking from, i've just taked to my dad on the phone and hes clear across the country. He said that its really weird though, it will leak almost an eigth of a quart one day and then wont leak at all the next three, then start leaking again. But his bigest concern was what would cause his truck to have extremly stiff steering in the middle and more normal at almost maxed out steering.

·
Registered
861 Posts
hmmm that is weird. it could be a bad power steering box or just something else messed up in the steering components that is causing a lot of stress on the box at different times. maybe a bad steering stabilizer? who knows i think it could be a lot of things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts