Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having an issue with the power steering for some time now, and it's time to deal with it. It works great cold, but once warm, I loose power steering while parked. As soon as you start moving, it works ok. I tried a new pump and I believe 2 new hoses, but nothing changed. I also did some sort of mod to the pressure valve or something I found on the moparman website. What's next? Steering box? I read somewhere about a hose that can collapse?

·
Registered
17,602 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I don't think that's the problem as games said it comes with a new pump, and I was having the same problem before changing the pump and there was no change.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And to correct myself, I Know I changed the pressure hose, but the return wasn't leaking so I didn't change that. Could it be plugged or something preventing fluid from returning?

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
It is a no-pressure hose so I doubt it. I've replaced my pressure lines a couple times but never the return. You could disconnect it and start the engine to check. I recommend two people, one to watch the hose and the other to immediately kill the engine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm.. the thread that is in the link you posted seems to be the same problem as I'm having, but I didn't see any mention of a solution. I've never noticed a problem with my brake pedal.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
The solution was to remove the screen and clean it. You won't see a difference in the brakes because yours is vacuum assist, not hydroboost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts