Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 2nd gen trucks are prone to any seals wearing out in the power steering pumps, or any common problems with leaking. This small leak is driving me nuts. I've replaced O-rings, checked all the lines, etc.... The only part not replaced is the pump???? Any help is appreciated. THanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
try the hydro booster located behind the brake booster

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't know if it's a common problem, but mine was leaking right from the bottom of the reservoir where it seals w/ the pump and I just replaced the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
mine is leaking from the seal where the power steering pump mounts to the engine...and i've heard that it is a very common problem...can't remember where i saw it, but someone has a kit out there that has a better set up to fix it then just replacing the factory O-ring seal

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops I forgot to repost when I figured it out.

Well, it ended up being a hole in the power steering resevoir. Ya, a tiny hole that you could only fit a tiny little pick through. Thanks for the replys guys :thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts