Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Tackling a mag Hytec pan and fluid change this weekend. I figured with the left over atf I'll do my power steering as well. How many quarts will it take and how do I go about draining the power steering resivore?

Registered

Registered
You should be able to undo both lines to the cooler. Drain them and fill the res a few times. Should hold about a quart each time you flush it.
Run the truck for a few mins between draining the lines. You'll need to cycle the steering a few times to bleed the air.

Reactions: vb712

Registered
You should be able to undo both lines to the cooler. Drain them and fill the res a few times. Should hold about a quart each time you flush it.
Run the truck for a few mins between draining the lines. You'll need to cycle the steering a few times to bleed the air.
Exactly, the cooler is in front of the radiatolr, below the front bumper. Just disconnect both lines and let it drain.

Remember the the power steering pump also supplies pressure for the power brakes. So, when you refill it cycle the steering and pump the brakes a few times to get fluid into the hydro booster and lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts