Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wifes grandfather has a 2001 dodge and for two years he has replaced about every thing you could think of under the front end replaced a couple of stearing links on the column, so my father-in-law decides to change the fluid in the power stearing pump with lucas and it drove like a dream for a day or so and we drove it the other day and back to the same old thing. now as for its characterisics its very pichy you can not drive it straight if you put a fairly good sized load on it it acts as if the load is not ballanced or something.dont know if any one knows whats going on with the little info that I have but if you can help it would be appreciated very much.

·
AlGores worst nightmare
1,953 Posts
It's difficult to diagnose problems online, but if changing he fluid made it better, I'd check to see if it's full, and run it back and forth a few times to work the air out.
You may have a pump problem.
These folks may be able to help. DODGE DIESEL VACUUM PUMP REPAIRING /TRANSMISSIONS REPAIR
Is it 2wd or 4wd?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts