Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2008 Ram 2500 QCSB, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just got my power pup in today. It is currently loaded with v2.1.4 and my truck just got the AO flash (which, from what i understand, is the latest flash for the '08 w/manual transmission). I loaded the tire size in and got it dialed in perfect. my truck and my magellan sing in perfect harmony now with regards to speed.

however, when i tried to load a tune, I get a message that states:

"Warning: TSB Found
You have an upgraded
Flash on your vehicle.
Please download the new
Upgrade from
Your dealer
or press
Y to continue without TSB"

Is this the message others have seen when they don't have the correct software version or flash on their truck for the power pup and truck to mesh? Or is this just stating that I have the current flash and am good to load the tune. I pressed "Y" once and saw that the tow and performance tunes were available for download, but did not download them for fear of messing something up.

I am quite ignorant to the whole programmer-for-power scene so am a bit nervous about pushing buttons when I am not sure what the results will be. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Do I need a different software version for the power pup? Do i need a different flash on the truck? Or do I need to just load the tune and enjoy the power pup? Thanks in advance for all replies.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
When I got the AX flash on my truck and updates my pup tp V2.1.4 I got the same message. I just hit yes and downloaded a tune. I think pup says that when it sees a new flash. The tune downloaded fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that by hitting the continue you are "opting out" as i was told. Which doing this or having an interupted download are the two ways it leaves an easy to find footprint!! This is just how i took it.

"If it was never in recovery mode and you didn't see a TSB warning then you should be fine."

This is from a PM that Bud Kunz sent me when i asked how to avoid a fingerprint.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
I think that by hitting the continue you are "opting out" as i was told. Which doing this or having an interupted download are the two ways it leaves an easy to find footprint!! This is just how i took it.

"If it was never in recovery mode and you didn't see a TSB warning then you should be fine."

This is from a PM that Bud Kunz sent me when i asked how to avoid a fingerprint.
I have changed pup tunes dozens of times on and off and never saw that before until I flashed my truck. I did everything the same. I think it is because my pup was use to seeing my VIN # with the old flash and the pup was wondering why there is a differant flash on the same VIN #. I have more then a fingerprint on my truck.

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, guys. Can anyone else shed any light on this? I would rather avoid leaving a footprint in the ECM if I can avoid it; to tell the truth the speedometer calibration is the primary reason I bought the power pup. Playing with the tow tune to see if i can get some better fuel economy and towing power is only a plus, but I WOULD like to play with it some...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Have you tried updating your programmer off the net?

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, i have the latest software version, v2.1.4.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
I have changed pup tunes dozens of times on and off and never saw that before until I flashed my truck. I did everything the same. I think it is because my pup was use to seeing my VIN # with the old flash and the pup was wondering why there is a differant flash on the same VIN #. I have more then a fingerprint on my truck.
Jon i had the same thing. When i got the AW flash that message came up. So i updated the Pup to 2.14 from 2.13. I still got the message again.

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so this thing is safe to use even with this message showing up? Common sense tells me that it would be since there is the option to continue and, if it were going to be harmful to the truck or to the power pup, it wouldn't give me the option to continue but I would rather ask before assuming.

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Buddy,

Email sent! Thanks a bundle!

-Bud

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts

·
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to post an update for anyone else having issues. Buddy Kunz emailed me v2.1.5 today and it loaded onto my power pup without a problem. Went out and it went right into my truck. I have only drivin to the grocery store and back and, while there was a noticeable increase in timing rattle, I wouldn't go anywhere near sofar as to say that it is excessive. Perhaps one of the differences between v2.1.4 and v2.1.5 is reduced timing rattle. I have sent Buddy another email asking what the difference is between 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 and will post what he tells me when I hear back from him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts