Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Second Most Important Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS ANYONE RUNNING A POWER PUP AS A STAND ALONE POWER ADDER ?? IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE IT ?? ANY RESPONSE GOOD OR BAD APPRECIATED . I'LL BE LOOKING FOR PRICE QUOTES NEXT . THANKS :thumbsup

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
mine is on the way. i bought it mainly for the ability to correct the speedometer due to larger tires but will test out the "tow" tune and see how it does regarding fuel economy. i have no interest in any more power than this thing makes but will report on my findings after i have had a while to play with it.

since i don't have any gauges yet, i will not be messing with the "performance" tune so won't be able to comment on that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I ran the pup stand alone for a while, i couldn't really tell much diff on the tow tune. The performance tune has really good bottom end but is lacking on the top end. The timing rattle is a bit nerve racking at first

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well mine does not work on my 2500, 4500 or the 5500 all being 08’s. There support is appalling and after over a month Bud stating on here he would help me out, nothing, so in a few weeks I will post a video what I think of bullydog and there programmer as I light it up with a 50 cal , I should have taken the 350 bucks and flushed I down the commode, or waited for a programmer that works. And please don’t offer to buy it because I will have more fun using it as long range target practice, plus I would not sell the garbage to anyone!

Oh good luck with downloading from there server and there support, if I treated my clients like this I would be out of business quick!

flgc

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Well mine does not work on my 2500, 4500 or the 5500 all being 08’s. There support is appalling and after over a month Bud stating on here he would help me out, nothing, so in a few weeks I will post a video what I think of bullydog and there programmer as I light it up with a 50 cal , I should have taken the 350 bucks and flushed I down the commode, or waited for a programmer that works. And please don’t offer to buy it because I will have more fun using it as long range target practice, plus I would not sell the garbage to anyone!

Oh good luck with downloading from there server and there support, if I treated my clients like this I would be out of business quick!

flgc
So they still have not fixed you up? I thought that he posted in one of your threads that he was going to fix the problem for you? I would keep after them and get your money back instead of destroying it. If they will not help you out it seems that they must be making too much money on their products...and they don't seem to care if they get bad press on their products? I would have personally taken care of this if it were my company as soon as I found out about it. You want happy customers as they will tell other people.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rockwerx, nope nadda, that’s what they said but....... No I am going to destroy it and give them the worst press they have ever seen trust me, they are treating me like some naive youngster(no disrespect to them) that they can blow off, and well I am about to bring the house down, if you talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk! Because I have few posts and am behind a screen name they figure that I am just like any other Joe, well think again, I run a successful multi million dollar environmental company, and would never in my life treat any of my clients or employees like this. I am not saying that I am better than anyone else on this site, if you knew me which some here do I am just a regular simple guy. It’s nothing to do with money its all principle now!!

flgc

·
Registered
213 Posts
i have the superchips cortex its pretty good same level as the pup and it has worked flawlessly updates are smooth as silk kinda slow but i guess you cannot have it all but anyways you can definately feel the difference on performance and extreme.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the power pup

as a stand alone and i realy like it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't like mine. The MPG isn't any better and the timing noise is excessive. It's for sale if anyone wants it...$200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts