Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone out there have a wiring diagramfor the power mirror switch on a 1998 ? Mine factory mirrors are not working, and I have no power to the switch. I was just wondering what is going on, need diagram to determine what should be energized. I want to get this lined out before I install my kool vue tow mirrors.
thanks
eric

·
AlGores worst nightmare
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have no power to the switch, start checking the circuit to the switch starting with the fuse. You probably know, the Ram fusebox on the left kick panel is very wishy-washy. It's easy to screw up fuse contacts if you run too much power through them.

If the fuse is good, check for +12 at the fuse supply side of the fuse socket, then check the "hot" side wire coming out of the fuse. If that's all OK, look at the connectors going to the mirror switch.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Does this help? Dodge Ram - Towing Mirror Upgrade Information- '94 to '06
I assume you've checked the fuses.
start at the hot side of the fuse, and work your way up the line til you lose your voltage. i don't mean to highjack your thread, but on the link here it says $269 for the power mirror kit. is that for both sides? i'm really sick of having to shove crap behind the mirror to keep them from moving when i'm out on the road :CRY:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, the $269 is for both sides. I'll update the web page to be clear on that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A greatful Canadian THUMBS UP to Racer9

Thanks to Racer9 for "Dodge Ram - Towing Mirror Upgrade Information- '94 to '06" that he posted way back in 2008!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts