Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have eveythng in my sig...i just ground down the afc foot..did the washer trick....and set the star wheel with compressor air at 33 ish psi as this is what my truck makes in lock up..i did the lock up mod..truck has a slight power diff but only real kick in the pants is when its locked up...i do not have eccesive smoke what so ever she puffs a bit on preboost but then nothing...and the only other time she will smoke is if i lock it abnd lug it...my buddy has a 01 p stroke with only a intake and stock exhaust just mia muffler and he takes me out everytime..and my egts never go above 1200 even on a long stretch all ive heard about no plate is eccesive smoke and very high egts it just doesnt seem rite ...any help or q's will be helpfull thanks..oh yeah my truck never ever shifts/revs to 3k even in park will will peg at about 2600 ish ..i had it 3k once in park then tried again and back to 2700 ish

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also slid the afc all the way forward....and set the pre boost to just touch i havent played with that yet it has a decent puff of black off the get go

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it supposivly has a 3k kit "sorry forgot that in my sig....plate is out...it had a jannety stage 3 plate in it when i got it ...i want to say it may of had higher egts with that plate in which doesnt make much sense to me..and i didnt notice any power diff when i took it out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats kinda what i am leaning towards ...i changed the fuel filter and add treatment...deff made a slight feel able diff...what should be pressures be at idle /wot

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i was leaning towards too.....what should the pressures be at idle/wot? sorry internet is being wierd didnt show my post went through lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its not your comp but be the site did the same thing to me........so i was wondering as well i set it at 33 or whatver which is my in lock up psi but when going through the shift its at like 25ish is the lock up psi what it should be set at? or the lower psi ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
my truck will rev to about 3100 rpm in park. Does that mean i have 3k gsk in? I bought the truck with a 4in exhaust and he did some pump mods but never said anyhthing about the gsk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts