Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I want to get a chip but do not want to go crazy and blow my truck up. I do alot of pulling and I have done the easy stuff but I am wondering what my options are for a chip.:popcorn:

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Best bang for your buck would be a smarty. Or an Edge Juice with attitude since it comes with all the necessary guages and safety features:thumbsup

·
Registered
476 Posts
I like smarty jr but as far as chips go this is my favorite:
:lol3:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Dsljnki! lol How much about for an Edge juice?

·
Registered
223 Posts
k if you are towing alot I would strongly suggest the edge juice with attitude just simply because out of the edge and smarty the edge comes with an in cab controller so you can watch youe egt's, oil pressure, trans temp, boost pretty much watch anything you want as if you were to buy a smarty you'd have to buy gauges if you dont have them already... and also the edge you can adjust on the fly as were the smarty you cannot ( i believe )

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I agree with Toxic. The guages and the adjustability for towing makes the Edge better for you. If you wanted power, then deffinately the Smarty.

·
Banned
75 Posts
make sure you get gauges so you can monitor your machines outputs. keep us posted on what you get and how you like it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You bet! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
love my Smarty.it is a very impressive investment.:thumbsup:hyper:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I like edge juice with attitude. It has everything in one package...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you guys installed the edge juice yourselves? Or is it something a real pro should do?

·
Registered
52 Posts
the edge is super simple to install. if you can read the English language, then you can install it fairly simply. if you know anything about your engine, then it's even easier. it has alot of pics to demonstrate

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about the egt sensor? Do I have to drill and tap a hole. Or can I skip that guage?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just remembered that I have a port in my exhuast brake for the egt sensor! But do I need a better than stock lift pump? Thanks for the help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts