Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
excuse my NooB ness, but what exactly does this do? Is this to trick the computer into thinking the DPF is still there???

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is an illustration by poindexter144 that is his setup, and I think a few others are using it... I'm still waiting on my flange.

Glad I bought a C&C...:lol3:

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is what I did also and it works great it is a different truck without the dpf way more fun to drive, it feels like some pulled a cork out of the motor!:peelout

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i am still confused, what exactly does this do? If I remove the DPF I follow the wire diagram in the first pic and that will prevent codes from coming up?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
look at all them little holes in that second pic, man looks like you guy's have figured some things out on that dpf thingy

·
Registered
669 Posts
That is the setup I'm running right now! I'm getting codes but it's worth it with for the performance and MPG increase.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I still don't know what a potentiometer is I asked a guy at local electronics store and he looked at me like he wanted to slapme or something, what is it?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's like a resistor, tell the dude to ask the 18 year old at radio shack :lol3:

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
It is a variable resistor that you will need to tune to your application. It would help to know what kind of resistance the guys are running that aren't having issues.

·
Registered
859 Posts
is the schematic also work on regular pick up truck? also, do you need to attach all 3 sensors? thanks.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
No the chassis cab is a special case, no workie on the regular ones.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ok, thanks..... better spend the money on the fooler box then.

though, someone on the other thread i read a while back that the resistor worked on his pick up.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I did it to my uncles and its working and its set to the same volts as my C/C

·
Registered
859 Posts
I did it to my uncles and its working and its set to the same volts as my C/C
wiring is similar to the schematic posted above? wonder if applying constant voltage to the resistors similar to the readings if truck is not on regen will eliminate the soft codes it's thowing during startup. has anyone tried this?

Anyone beta testing the code free box noticed if there's a wire connected to the power source?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
wiring is similar to the schematic posted above? wonder if applying constant voltage to the resistors similar to the readings if truck is not on regen will eliminate the soft codes it's thowing during startup. has anyone tried this?

Anyone beta testing the code free box noticed if there's a wire connected to the power source?
wiring is pretty much the same except we have just been using one pot its easier and saves some time - just tap into the 5v supply in one spot and then run a wire to each sensor from the one pot

1 - 20 of 25 Posts