Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured since everyone is getting into this new tune, to post up what you have and why. what has been working and what has not been working.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea that would be cool, just trying to start a fresh thread then have the other one cluttered when we were waiting for tntr to come out.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sw3 tq-2 tm-2 rp-1 wg-off shift defuel- stock rev. limiter - high - for street, still has random rail pop

still looking for a higher tune to dyno/pull with

Sw9 tq-3 tm-4 rp-3 wg-off shift defuel-on rev. limiter- higher, ran on last dyno and didnt do that well, would like to try Sw7 tq-3 tm-4 rp-4

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
SW 7
Tq 2
Tm 3
Rp 1
Rpm stock

No rail pop, no rail hang, stock cp3

Smooth on the street. Lights up quick and goes like hell when I want it to.

EGT's under 1300* no matter what.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Awesome power super smooth no rail pop and 20mpg at 75mph ! SW 5 default everything, wastegate off, speed limiter 130, rev limiter off! Love it ! so much nicer than the old TNT

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what timing? ^^^

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sw7
Tm2
Tq4
Rp1
Shift defuel off
Rpm stock
Speed limiter 230
Dr. Performance on performance

No rail pop
Hung for a sec first time floored then didn't happen after that?

Very very low smoke barley any pre boost and virtually none wot

Ran sw9 with all same settings exception of dr. Performance on tow ran good not as strong and very smokey! Pre boost ton of smoke wot thick haze.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^^^^^ sorry I for got the and why part! Sw7 instead of sw9 was because on sw7 at a 20mph roll I hit the peddle and the truck broke loose and fishtailed, then doing a u turn floored it and bout drifted around the rear end, it didn't do this on sw9 for me and spinning 37s is fun ha

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
hey stubs what year is your truck?

Dodge74 what nozzles you running?

sorry to be off topic.
She's a 03 sorry I really need to fill in my sig I'm running 100hp injectors

Reactions: Black03cummins

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I am running stock nozzles and those runs were made Smarty only.
All stock?! Smarty alone?! You made 560s damn! I fell I would be luck to touch 500 with my set up!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sw3 tq-2 tm-2 rp-1 wg-off shift defuel- stock rev. limiter - high - for street, still has random rail pop

still looking for a higher tune to dyno/pull with

Sw9 tq-3 tm-4 rp-3 wg-off shift defuel-on rev. limiter- higher, ran on last dyno and didnt do that well, would like to try Sw7 tq-3 tm-4 rp-4
hey john unless im reading you abv. wrong your torque and timing are switched and you deff lost some power there.... you want your timing on 3 and torque on 4 lol

All stock?! Smarty alone?! You made 560s damn! I fell I would be luck to touch 500 with my set up!
and yes gordon deff has a strong strong running truck....

·
Registered
664 Posts
I dynoed this tune with whats in my sig, TNT-R SW#7 TM default, RP 2, TQ 3, Speed 250, RPM stock, Shift stock. 532 hp 993 lbtq.

Im dissapointed because I was hoping for 550/1000+ but I guess I was close. I thought the WM would have put me there for sure.

The TNT-R is "ok" for me but I almost think my truck liked the TNT better. My egts are easy 1500 with this tune, Im sure thats kinda to be expected with a race tune so I cant hate it for that...

My truck has never been easy to tune like some others though.

I need to tune it better thats the bottom line. Thinking about buying some dyno time..

·
Registered
353 Posts
SW7
Timming 2
TM 4
everything else default
MP-8 up

I made 444 HP and 892 ft lbs on a dyno around me that evetyone says runs 40-50 HP low. Nice lines on the sheet on HP and Torque, very smooth. The TNTR is so much nicer and smoother than the TNt was. When they got on my truck very little smoke just a small haze was coming out of her. Very very happy with the tune

On a side note does it help at all adjusting the speed??

·
Registered
664 Posts
hey john unless im reading you abv. wrong your torque and timing are switched and you deff lost some power there.... you want your timing on 3 and torque on 4 lol

and yes gordon deff has a strong strong running truck....
Not every ones truck responds to timing the same way...believe that.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.