Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Post up your 2nd Gen on Black Wheels

28741 Views 79 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  1998.524valve
I just picked up my first cummins. Its a 95 reg cab long bed 2500 4x4 12v. Green/silver. Anyway, I really like the black wheels, looking at maybe a set of 17's, 18's or 20's on 35's.

I'm really curious to see what a 2nd gen would look like. All I see around are 3rd gens. It needs paint, grill, and headlights. I was considering "murdering" it out with black plastic grill, painted bumpers, tinted headlights and black wheels.... Any suggestions?

THanks
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
subscribed

really interested in seeing pix

bump for ya

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Agreed, wanna go with black wheels myself in the future and am very undecided, lookin forward to seein some pics as well.

· Registered
642 Posts
Here's one right after I got it painted and then added more stuff. It's sittin on 17x9' with 285's or 32" tires

· Premium Member
87 Posts
Here's one right after I got it painted and then added more stuff. It's sittin on 17x9' with 285's or 32" tires

thats bada$$ what kind of rims are those:thumbsup:

· Registered
642 Posts
Thanks guys... The wheels are Moto Metal 955's I think and I got the headlights off Ebay. The fit real good nice upgrade from the stockers.

· Registered
709 Posts
^^swweeeetttt thats a nice truck bro

nice pix guys

keep em cummin

· Registered
493 Posts
Yeah black wheels look sick!

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
got a few more things left to black er out:

rear bumper, and head lights...:doh:

here she is now:

^^^^^^^^^^click to view full size

they are stock third gen rims painted black:headbang:

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts

i started with a set of black steelies, then switched to a set of 3rd gen wheels i painted black. now i'm back on a set of steelies.
i'll always stay black wheels on this truck. makes the look!!

· Dumbass
7,169 Posts
KILL the caps, and those will be sweeeet:headbang:

which ones are yer favorite though, the rock crushers, or the third gens?
oh no, i'm not killing them.. i got something specail. i still have the caps from the 3rd gens, painting them black except for the ram head. .... well, atleast that was the plan, and then i forgot to cover one and sprayed all over it, so now they are going to be all black! :doh: lol. should look cool. i'm going to try and get revised pics of my set up in the next few weeks, i keep painting stuff. lol.

i changed from the 3rd gens bcuz they rubbed alot, the other problem i had is they are kinda on the narrow side for a 12.5" wide tire. the tire fits fine, but they suck it in and dont let the girth show off. so i got a set of 17x9's used on craigslist for cheap, they fit the 35's better and they dont rub unless i hit a bump. if i had stock height truck i'd rock the 3rd gens and be plenty happy! :thumbsup:

sorry to :hijack:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.