Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove a friend home tonigh and after the truck was up around 190 I started driving it like I would normaly. I would push down the pettle to pull the truck up to 25 mph. I would get some sort of sound that resembles the one I get if I put the pettle to the floor. I just ordered a 4" cat back and will report back on if it is just the exhaust pipe. In the time betwene now and then what are some things I can do to check if the turbo is going bad? My truck is a 01 by the way.

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
Not quite sure what ur gettin at, but I would say to check the intercooler boots for leaks, the boots that hook directly to the intercooler have a tendencty to "rub through" on the bottom from rubbing the frame rail. Check to make sure that none of them have came off the tubes.
Check all the clamps on the boots.
Check the air filter.
Check the turbo and exhaust clamps.

·
PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,641 Posts
Funny I saw this...today after getting my oil changed i was on my way home and when i came to a hill I put the pedal in the go fast position and once it built up boost I heard a "POOF". Then the truck would fall on its face when you went more than half throttle.

Got home and noticed the intercooler boot below the turbo had come off on the bottom. Put it back on and snugged it up good. Went out for a test ride and sure enough soon as I got on it hard "POOF!". It came off again, anyone know why this may be happening??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts