Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've heard about the clunking of the tranny plenty of times especially when coming to a stop and you let off the pedal. But the clunk that I'm talking about is the going to third gear clunk it just seems like a hard shift. I'm comparing it to my brothers truck as his is the same exact thing except color but his tranny is smooth thru all gears. What do you guys think? Something to worry about or am I being paranoid?

2014 3500 drw non aisin 3:73

·
Registered
743 Posts
My non-aisin shifted hard when it was new. It took well over 3000 miles for my truck to break in, to a notable extent. It shifted hard, would shift at bad times, when the truck was new. 50% was me, the operator, a new truck with new features. The other 50% was the truck breaking in and the programs learning the truck and driver.
The dealership did do a couple updates that may have been tranny related if I remember correctly, but never in the dealership for tranny issues (knock on wood).

Now with 25,000 miles on my 2013 2500 non-aisin. It's my favorite tranny, and I have driven a 6.7 aisin commercially for years. They both have their strong points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.