Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading to 22.5 Super Singles in the future, when I need new tires....Powdercoated Black of course!!:headbang: I know I am going to need more lift, since the smallest tire for them is 385/65/22.5 if I get True Super Singles. That is 42.5 Inches in Diameter, and I am hoping to fit them with another 2 inches of lift!! I am sure I will have some rubbing, but will probably do some trimming. Just curious if there is anyone running them on a Dodge, and if so....let's see some pics, or Links....and how much lift it took!!:headbang:

I have seen some Floaters with the 255/70, like Justin has....but curious what it would take to get the 385s on my truck!!:confused013:

Thanks in advance for any information I can get on this Subject!!:thumbsup:

Joe

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give you a bump here and hopefully someone can help ya out. Oh yeah you must post up pics once you get em and put em on!
Thanks for the BUMP bud, and your truck looks great with the Floaters....but I just don't think those tires will get it done with as much lift as I have!!:confused013:

If it comes to fruition, I will definitely be posting pics of them!! Chromewheels.com(Ameri-T.A.W. Manufacturing Corp) is in Houston, and not too far from me....and I have talked to them a few times. I plan on going by there shop soon, and seeing what they can do for me. I will keep you posted, if I ever get them installed.:thumbsup:

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bud....and when I stop by the shop in Houston, I am gonna see what it will take to clear the 385s. Just wanting to see some pics or links to others who have done the same!!:thumbsup:

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I was looking at that....and there is an older ford with 10"s of lift, clearing the 385s. There is one 2nd Gen Dodge with Floaters, and a 3rd....but they are both like yours!!:thumbsup:

On the site, it says that on a 4x4, you need 8+ inches to clear the 385s, and that is what the guy said in the Email. I just know I can't clear them with my Current Setup.:confused013:

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am running 37s now....and if the wheels don't have some special offset, that changes the way the wheels sit....there is no way I can clear 42.5" Tires!! I will be finding out though....since I am gonna go by the shop, and then go from there.:confused013:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
can't really help with pics on a dodge but my buddy's GF's bro has them on his f250

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:shock:WOW, thanks for the pics bud....and that just made the itch a lot worse!!:drool2::doh::hehe:

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Dang! Thats a huge truck! I wonder how much power the tires ate.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The super singles are going to be very "ify". The width of the tires in the front is going to be the problem. That's the biggest reason why you see them mostly on the Fords. It's possible on the Dodge, but it's going to take some work and money. You can get the super singles shaved down to 22" now, but the wheels are still to wide for the Dodge. You can also go with the mini floats like Justin's and just use a taller tire like a 295/70r22.5 which is 38.5" tall.

·
Registered
685 Posts
What about the Michelin X One's. They come in a 445/50R22.5 or 40x17x22.5
I like the look of those tires, but it might just be me...

·
Trusler the Hustler
679 Posts
ill get some pictures of my girlfriends truck, although it is a 08 F250 but it has the rize 8" lift with coil spacers and 40s!!!

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
This isnt much information just some encouraging words..... DO IT!!!!!!!

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The super singles are going to be very "ify". The width of the tires in the front is going to be the problem. That's the biggest reason why you see them mostly on the Fords. It's possible on the Dodge, but it's going to take some work and money. You can get the super singles shaved down to 22" now, but the wheels are still to wide for the Dodge. You can also go with the mini floats like Justin's and just use a taller tire like a 295/70r22.5 which is 38.5" tall.
Yeah, I know it is going to be tough to get them on the truck....and wasn't aware of the 295. Thanks for that info, and just don't want it to be too skinny.:confused013::thumbsup:

What about the Michelin X One's. They come in a 445/50R22.5 or 40x17x22.5
I like the look of those tires, but it might just be me...
I am thinking a 445 is bigger than 40"s. I know the 445 on most sites is 45"s or bigger. Anyways, thanks for the info on the Tires.:thumbsup:

This isnt much information just some encouraging words..... DO IT!!!!!!!
Words of Encouragement Bryant, and I am planning on it bud!!:hehe::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts