Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Would you be up for a day of drag racing?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just to kinda throw out in the wind right now, however, who all would be interested in a day at the Drag Strip?

We could all meet up on a saturday or sunday morning at Cedar Falls Raceway on a test n tune type of deal and run our truck for half or all day, and then go into cedar falls/waterloo area for a lunch and/or dinner.

This is purely an idea and i have no idea what everyones thoughts are on this due to possible truck damage/breakage but hey, ya pay to play right?

There is a poll here as well just to gauge some interest in a yes or no if youd be willing to do it.

Thanks guys
Zach

·
Registered
604 Posts
Drag racing with a stick is pretty much a losing proposition, so count me out.
mishkaya

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well you can come watch though too mishkaya

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
it dont matter what you drive its racing off a tree so as long as you run the same everytime your good..

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
the way that diesel prices are i will have to pass

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awwwwww you people

cmon live life a lil bit!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im gonna try to go up there this weekend...but with a $425 fuel bill from this weekend and needing to buy an alternator, i dont know if I'll be able to make it...

When you thinking of having the meet?

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure right off hand yet, but to raise the stakes some......

im gonna contact the track and NHRDA and see if we cant get a big diesel event there with possibly some BIG names to show up as well and make it one heck of a weekend!!!!!

G

·
There won't be any NHRDA events in Iowa this year unless we can raise the money to put it on. AKA $4500. I am working with the NHRDA to get events in Iowa. There will be some in 2009 for sure. I would go drag racing just say when and I will see what's going on. You might be able to get some of the fantasy guys to come race as I know some of them want to. Just pass the news on to other sites.

G

·
I have spoke with Cedar Falls race way before and they might have a diesel class if we want to do this. Let me know I still have his number. And for those that are too scared to race just come watch and hang out. It is well worth it. If your truck can't make it there and back on $100 turn it back down or lose the chip. LOL

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
definitly still let him know.. I dont have a weekend set up yet, but im totally gonna do this this summer. I have this thread on a good 6-8 forums right now. Ive got a lot of yes votes but not much feedback on it yet. Heres my number Ryan, feel free to call me with any questions/suggestions

641-420-8030. If i dont answer its because i dont recognise the number, just leave me a voice mail and i will listen to it then get back to ya, or else you can text me before ya call and say who ya are and that your callin so i know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Im gonna try to go up there this weekend...but with a $425 fuel bill from this weekend and needing to buy an alternator, i dont know if I'll be able to make it...

When you thinking of having the meet?
Ryan, I know all about that alternator situtation, 135$ and 180 miles from home was when i got my new one.. :$:

·
Registered
137 Posts
i can make it on 100 in diesel but my crappy chrysler 47re says no to the whole drag race thing, i prolly be in the high 25's or something like that

·
Diesel Head
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh well, just come to hang out then. You guys can all watch me attemp to make my truck fast in the 1/4.....this is the best i could do last year stock....

G

·
Like I said if you don't want to race just come to hang out. If you want a ride I'm sure we could meet at some point and get you there. I'm sure other traveling members would do that as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts