Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Several possibilities but probably starting in seconed gear because the tranmisssion solinoid is toast, I usually replace both solinoid and sensor. There is a heavier duty one but the guys at BD told me to use the stock one with my valvebody. You can search for a heavy duty shift solinoid on here and find a part number if you want it.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
yep, you can find them on ebay. Search for 48re sensors, and you'll find them.

Post a description of your truck, miles, etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 07 dually. With a bully dog programmer k&n intake straight pipe and a Jasper transmission that has like 45k miles on it. Truck has 165000k miles.
So do I have to replace the torque converter.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Before I went down that road, I would do the sensors in the valve body for $100. If they are getting worn/bad, then you spend big $ on a TC and still have the same prob. While you are in the valve body, I would strongly suggest a Transgo 48RE-SK shift kit. They're like $75 on Ebay and make a huge diff on line pressures.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took it to my local transmision shop and they said that jasper will be replacing the sensors.. am i better off getting some different sensors instead of the jasper ones???? and they said its not the tc.

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
just let them take care of it. if they want to start throwing parts at it on their dime just nodd your head and say ok thank you! lol

Reactions: Kyle McCummins

·
Banned
2,174 Posts
STOP, RELAX and listen to your fellow members....

First off before you buy ANYTHING, scan the truck for codes. Post what you have as far as codes, and we will can assist you in fixing this....

If there are no codes, then yes it is most likely a failed torque converter sprag/ one way clutch. Again, CODES FIRST, parts second!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts