Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a problem that has just came up in the last few days..i have not been driving the truck over it..its going into the shop monday.

The truck was stock until about two weeks ago i installed and exhaust because of a rattle with the stock i couldnt track down, now it has a 5in turbo back. Truck had ran great before and since that with only a couple of exceptions, at around 109k it cut out bad on me up a hill, thank god i wasnt pulling or i would have been there...absolutely no power..got to a lot changed the fuel filter and was fine...other than that never a problem.

I purchased a diablo power puck a few days ago installed it, went for a drive and switched it from stock to the 50 hp mode..started to stutter on take off...i switched off immediately and went strait to the shop. The mechanic there said bad chip at first..so we take it off and install a new one today. Well same issue...they think now it has a bad injector.

cliff notes: truck has a stutter from the time you take off, runs fine at idle and in stock mode, but if you turn the chip on at all it starts doing it. I just bought the chip and i know its not the cause. Only other symptoms...lower MPG, and does feel a lil sluggish. Anyone else have a similar issue?

The truck has never had a problem other than the 2in piece of heater hose behind the manifold started leaking..they are fixing that also as well as doing a valve adj on it.

thanks, glad to find a helpful forum!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sounds like a programming issue

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts
It doesnt sound like an injector issue to me but I dont know what it would be.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I purchased a diablo power puck a few days ago installed it, went for a drive and switched it from stock to the 50 hp mode..started to stutter on take off...i switched off immediately and went strait to the shop. The mechanic there said bad chip at first..so we take it off and install a new one today. Well same issue...they think now it has a bad injector.
What's the model number on the PowerPuck? Sounds like they sold you the wrong year. The '06.5-'07 require a different model than the '04.5-06.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the model number on the PowerPuck? Sounds like they sold you the wrong year. The '06.5-'07 require a different model than the '04.5-06.
Thank you! That was the problem! thank god! I have never had an injector go bad...i have had 4 of these...one i drove to 267k miles and didnt have a single problem!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts