Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
What do you plan on doing with your truck? What have you done to it already? Put your truck details in your signature.

·
Registered
113 Posts
you need to O-ring it, 60 pound valve springs, and port the exhaust out. my head flows around 230 CFM of exhaust flow out of each cylinder at .350 lift (stock cam) and my EGT's are f'n amazing and spool up time is better. i also have a header with just that lowered my EGT'S by 250 degres.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
port and polishing is worth it because it lowers your egts considerably, you wont get that much of a power gain

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
one of my buddies trucks had gotten a full port and pulish job, and i drove it before and after and it was quite a bit difference in response, power and egts. etc. i would do it if i had the money:thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Porting and polishig will help to lower exhaust temp and decrease turbo spool up time but on a Cummins you can't really port the intake side of the head. The exhaust can be done and you can port the bowls under the valves, but the intake maniold is part of the head, making porting the intake side impossible unless your willing to mill the intake off the head, port the head and then buy or build an aftermarket intake for the head. Then you have to drill and tap the head to accept the new intake. If it were me I would definately port and polish the exhaust and the bowls but leave the intake alone (At least the parts that you can't reach)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts