Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have an 06 and already have a rust spot on the bottom front corner of my door about the size of 2-3 quarters its kind of imbarassing. I was thinking of using POR on the rockers and bottom inside of the doors and then line-x the rockers. I have no experience with por or know anyone who has used it. Does it actually do what it says it does or just cover up the problem? What do you all think?
If I were to get this fixed how much would it cost? Is there a paint warrenty with my factory warrenty? I know Ford has it and they stand by it because I had to use it with the wifes truck. I only have 8,500 miles on this thing and I am not in a "rust" part of the US so I kind of think this is just bad workmanship on Dodges part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've used POR-15 over the years and it does what they claim. It will stabilize the oxidation into a hard resistant surface. One other thread discussed the fact that it is a relatively thick product and the door rust is starting inside the panel folds. POR says it can be thinned although I don't have any direct experience with that; I've always brushed it on and in applications where appearance wasn't an issue. For getting into panels I've used Waxoyl. Used to pump that into Land Rover frames.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That should be covered on your 36K bumper to bumper warranty I would take it to the dealer before doing anything to mask it

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the dealer today and they said to bring it in and they will look at it. As long as it was not a rock chip they will fix it. How can they tell if it were a rock chip or not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts