Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a popping sound every once in a while when turning the wheel. I noticed when steering at a certain point when I turned to the left it seemed like there was a catch in the steering wheel (kinda like it was wanting to hang up)
Now I am hearing a poping sound when turning the wheel from left to right. When it started it wasn't that loud , but now it has got louder. I think it might be coming fron my steering box, but not sure. Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump..... Anyone?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
When I had the same thing it was the U-joints in the front drive shaft. Check you front axle u-joints too...

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Tie rod ends will pop as well when they are shot..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Mine sounds like its falling apart. I am just acumulating parts right now and then I am going to rebuild the whole thing.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i had a leveling kit on my truck and it caused the track bar to make a popping sound on the lower end. turns out the mounting hole was wore out

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys I found the problem my swing arm bolt on the passenger side was slightly loose, i would have never guessed that. fxwannabe night want to check that cause my sounded like the front end was going to fall out from under my truck.

·
Registered
866 Posts
What do you mean by swing arm? Are you talking sway bar or control arms?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.