Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 ram 2500 with the 12 valve. 5 speed manual. Just over 200,000 miles with original stock injectors. 0# fuel plate, 3k governer springs, and a rack cap.
I always let it warm up and idle for about 10 minutes before I drive. I always take it real easy for the first few miles. Lately in 2nd and/or 3rd gear it starts popping and missing and blowing white smoke. That is only when I first take off, after I get going it goes away and never does this again the rest of the day, just on the first drive of the day to work, once I cycle through the gears it won’t do it again. I thought it was slipped timing but wouldn’t it be constant? My best guess is that somehwere I have a small fuel leak so when it sits over night there is air somehwere, so after it clears out it’s good until it sits again.

· Registered
18,049 Posts
It is the same complaint. Have you installed gauges yet?

· Registered
18,049 Posts
Splitting hairs. It is still popping and smoking. Regardless, your best bet is to continue the original post. Once the gauges are installed troubleshooting will be much easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.