Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER VP
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this day and time where the best thing a mechanic has to sell is his workmanship I was pretty shocked to see one of our own turn to the north end of a southbound mule. Some here know whom I am talking about. To sum things up for others and to serve as a warning to watch whom you deal with here ya go. Air dog installed< mounted improperly in the wrong spot. He said I had to have 150 injectors< the over fuel badly. I just had to have the BD VP44 it adds to the over fuel. He sells me the ADR but says he can not get ADR to do anything on issues. Thank god I did not get the 4k tune he kept pushing. He wants to charge you more than you can get the parts elsewhere for and wont put parts you get on and tells you to F off. He wont stand behind his work as of right now I have 3 repair invoices due to his work. The first was to tighten up loose fuel lines. another was to repair the transmission cooler line flange he damaged installing the VP the list continues I had to have the Fuel lines ran correctly from the Air Dog. he ran them loose and on the outside of the frame, I can only assume he might have broke a nail if he ran them correctly!!!! When he installed the injectors the number 5 was not done correctly and had to be removed cleaned and a new oring. it is a wonder the back pressure did not blow the fuel tank up! Last and the funniest he never even disconnected the stock lines or fuel pump! he used 2 black zip ties and bent the fuel line over and tied it with them!

let this serve as a message to Oklahoma users, Enid tech are not desireable at this time. If you want quality service you may want to look toward Stillwater. It is a shame when a promising Mechanic prices himself out of work and puts his name in the drink but that is what he has done and has no one to blame but himself. NOTE** I did not name the person! :rof

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I too have had a issue with a diesel person up on north west part of Oklahoma. I am not sure if I would call this person a mechanic. I had requested that when our 6.7 was installed that we be present and it didn't happen that way. Instead when we were on vacation the motor got installed and they ran it for a few Mins. Once returning from vacation we had to finish the job the little stuff was not put on like the radiator, intercooler, grill and such. We ran the truck for a few miles then adjusted the valves. Then we thought we were good to go. So we hired a driver and got to start working for us. So we sent the driver on his was. That load we get a call saying it will not start so he told our driver what to do. Well once he got back to the city we met up with him. The positive cable on the start was missing the nut. Few days later we get a call broke down in north Texas loosing water and the problem was thermostat was finger tight. There was a tow bill to okc another new thermostat, gasket, and coolant. Next was truck not running correctly. We changed fuel filters and that was not the problem. Well another tow bill and the problem injector wires came off. When we called this diesel person he said well that was his buddy fault and we could not expect this person to be perfect. I was told also by this person that if we needed them that they would be there for us. That after the first of the year (2011) they going to quite their full time job and be available more often. Well the story goes on. We were still loosing coolant could not figure out why because we had fire ring the head and had after market head studs on. We call some of our buddies to help us take transmission out due to it looked like coming from rear of motor. Well that was not it and here comes an emergency bill due to transmission follow off the tranny jack and crushing my boyfriends hand. (side not diesel person borrowed jack took off safety chains and we could not find them). Now tranny back in still loosing coolant. I called person and told me too busy cannot help. Boyfriend broken hand so I (female) took head off. Bingo blown head gasket. I was told the head studs were torques to 125lbs which I know that these after market head studs get torqued to 150lbs. New fire ring head gasket again $300. The story continues but I will stop for now.

I have never been so hurt by a person emotionally and pocket book wise over anything so simple.

Now that I am done with my real life story. I as well did not name a person!!

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER VP
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the person here in Enid that I am talking about claims I am the only person who has ever said anything about his work! When I read that text message I almost fell off the barstool at my club laughing. I know a few however I am going to do as the law allows me, I am getting copies o fthe 3 invoices and submitting them to him for payment on faulty workmanship. The fact he denied to fix them allowed me by law to have another fix the problem and made him liable. If he refuses to pay the invioices for any reason I will tuen it to my attorney for civil litagation. I have NEVER lost a civil case here and this one is a no brainer. I am so interested in more stories. Perhaps other will chime in on this mysterious mechanic whom we should call no name. Let ssay it is time to be be heard!! 2nd dodge yes it was good Stillwater saved the day! it has been a long time since my truck ran this strong!! Hot Rod I am sorry you had such problems I believe 2nd dodge or myself can give you a reference to stillwater if ya need it.

It is still funny if you look at my join date on the forum I am still the undisputed Old Man in the Oklahoma forum!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Could you pm me the info on this Stillwater mechanic? Thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
:confused::confused::confused: :imiss:

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is sad these days! I have been doing this for over 15 years and I am not happy till my customers are happy!

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER VP
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well OKC some Mechanics dont care. the just figure they are 10 foot tall and bullet proof. Like I said I am the old man of the forum here in Oklahoma. I have watched the people come and go. The mechanics thrive and and die around here! I have seen members come and go. After all the memeber date says how long ya been around this neighborhood!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Papa as I can agree on some mechanics now days are for a short buck and not long term commitment I don't think been a member on here has anything to do with it. I like to spread the buck to the next good tech that need the work, but I look for honest ones as well. The ones that talk less about what they know and trying to figure the problem out before guessing gets my vote.

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER VP
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OKc I assure you the mechanic is a member of this for all though as good forum memebers we have not named him. the are several of us that have had enough of the shoddy work. As I pointed out I am the old man on the forum here in Oklahoma.

When he had an oppertunity to fix it right and the first thisng was he was too busy then 2 days later it was gee there is nothing I can do. That was a total cop out and those that know I was to be in route for a the 3rd of a series of major operations in Rochester Mn. I had to get out my old jeep and rist driving it 725 miles half of which had just been hit by a blizzard. That was a long cold ride. The tempature when we areiced was -45 with windchill! 6 days later when we had to come back post surgery I had a long still very cold and bumpy ride home in that old jeep. Now I find out I had a fuel tank that could have exploded. I used to turn a wrech and I can assure you I never hung a customer out like he did me nor did I ever let my reputation take a hit like he has. I have put this on here to let people know that enid is NOT a desireable place to find a mechanic to work on there trusk. As I know he is the only one here. As I have said there is only one thing a mechanic can sell that and that is his reputation. All endorsements have been withdrawn and many people here local that know me and man there are a lot! A strip club owner knows lots of people. hey are like whoa as I brought him work. Now people i deal with are backing away as they want there stuff done right. Now enough said, we know who he is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gettin the run around from a mechanic is kinda like going to the doctor for a broken arm and him telling you that he's gonna amputate your foot.

I'm sorry for people that have lost their feet on here. Hope everyone has better luck in the future with their mechanic selection.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very satisfyed with Stillwater work I would recommened him to anybody

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes stillwater is the only place ill ever go best service around and a very good friend... If anyone has any questions pm me or txt at 405-2four0-seven603

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is all news to me.... I have taken atleast 3 vehicles to the fellow you all are referring to and I have had no trouble? :confused013: In fact I have sent a few people from my area his way and all seem to be very happy. While we are telling stories I'd like to add my own. I had a major malfunction to my trailer near the Kansas line around 1am (keep in mind this man has never worked on my trailer). I grab the phone and give this man a call seeing how I was up his direction. I was told that i could use any means of help he could offer. Whether that be tools, a hand, or just a bottle of water :hehe:. I feel bad for :stirpot: I just felt it would be wrong of me not to add my experiences so others on the forum could see all sides of the situation. :thumbsup:

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER PRESIDENT
881 Posts
Be happy you have not had issues but for the money we should of just went to dodge and had them put a new motor in our truck would of cost us less came with a warranty and not excuses because that's all we get from him. 3 tow bills and redoing all the work the only left that he did is crank and rods and we can only pray he got that right or it stays together long enough for us to get ahead and get rid of the truck because in hot shot work a truck that breaks down everytime it goes on a load is worthless and for stupid stuff is upserd from loose starter cables, thermostat housing, oil pan, injector wires, oil cooler, and a head not torqued down right we will never go back there learned an extremely valuable lesson.

·
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER VP
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haulin your post just makes my point. if he wants he can do the work right. However getting him to do it right or to stand behind his work seems to be the issues. His work is spotty, that is why I made the post. If someone wants to risk using him then they are warned. With many here he has built a bad reputation. he tried to claim it was only me that was not happy but as you can see it is just not me. there are others that have not said anything. When his stickers vanished off my truck a lot of local people started asking me questions. I wont lie for him and the shoddy work. It is my repuatation on the line if I refer people to him. There was a time I would have but not now. His reputation is trashed. It really was a shame he is not a bad guy and he had a lot going for him. I have seen many a wrench turner destroy themselves just as he has done. word of mouth can make you and it can break you. when you have multiple disatisfied customers that will damage your reputation and it can take years to rebuild the damage. Now 550 bucks later my truck runs like it has not run in a long time. it starts right, does not miss. No fule leaks, no transfluid leak, no pressure in fuel tank. fuel milage is up on it and luckily no lasting internal damage. Unlike the post above me I feel lucky.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Well just thought I would let you guys know that the truck that had poor workmanship done motor blew up. I am not sure the cause of it blowing up due to not having time to even mess with it. So i will not Blame the poor workmanship until we have time to see why it blew up It's pretty sad that it only lasted 10,000 miles and 6 months. May ole silver rest in peace.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts