Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cousin just bought a 05 3500 4x4 and it has 38000 miles on it and only gets 15 mpg my 02 gets 19.5 and it only has 60000 miles on it is this normal for the 05 get this poor of mpg:CRY::CRY:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I dont know how common it is, but mine gets about the same. It averages around 14 and highway is around 17.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Do some general upkeep to the truck, change out the fuel filter, see if the rear diff fluid has ever been changed, and of course exhaust (kick the cat.)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
sounds somewhat low, is it a srw, lifted or oversize tires? i noticed gains at 30,000mi, i agree with above, a restricted air filter could add to low mpg also. i noticed biggest gain after adding aftermarket cai

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is a dually has new air filter and fuel filter my 02 with the same trailer and with a bigger loader averaged loaded for about 500 miles up and down in missouri 12 mpg went to wichita with his yesterday with my loader and the trailer he got 8.5 loader pretty unhappy with the mileage but runs excellent performance you cant complain about guess you cant have it all oh well its not my truck:lol3::peelout:hyper:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts