Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EnergySuspension is wanting to get actively involved in the Diesel Market, Would a polyurethane motor mount benefit anyone at this forum? Do the OEM mounts break, wear, or tear? Or are they just fine? Let us know and we will be looking forward to working with every single person on this project.

Jeff

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
stock mounts dont seem to let the motor move around much at all with 70k miles, especially considering the power.

but when something goes on my truck, i never replace it with stock if theres an upgrade avail. so keep us informed!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
We already have some good poly mounts with tig welded chromoly brackets.

they are made by Carli suspension.
The ones that will have issues are the ones that do a lot of off road work.Look at the gap between the crossmember and the oil pan on your truck than on a new truck.................

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
My mounts on my 1998 12valve are not broken but worn and causeing to much movement. The downpipe is smacking the frame in left hand turns now causing all kinds of racket that I thought was gears in the CAD unit grinding. Anyway. I'm looking for poly mounts and have not found anyone making them for a 2nd gen yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i know this is really old and i see they made some mount inserts for the second gen dodges but what id really like is a poly tranny mount to go with the poly engine mounts cuz i go through them like crazy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the poly engine mount inserts. If you see any poly trans mounts please let us know. I could use a few.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts